HybridZ

260z rear bumper shave?

Hey everyone, Just got a 74 260Z and a 78 280Z RHD and im restoring the RHD to its original glory and modifying the 260z for street fun

One thing ive loved on the 240z and 260z was a shaved rear end, So, got to lookin at mine and pulled the rusty bumper off and i have no idea how to remove these wierd schock absorber things from it! :fmad:

Images always help

001.jpg

004.jpg

So thats the confusion, how do i get rid of those blasted things?!? i was just gonna hack em off but if i can take them off in a civilized manner that would be better

##NOTE##

please ignore the rediculous fart can in second picture we put it on for shites and giggles :rolleyesg

Any help would be awsome! thanks. REALLY sorry if this is a repeated question! im sure it is but i cant find a straight answer :-|

I was about to say, first remove that horrible whatever you call it then I read the comment about the fart can. If you look just a few threads down you will see a thread titled "Bumper Rip Off" its not the best but I assure you the "search" function at the top of the page works great, you will find a lot of information and then we do not have to cover topic over again making it easier for the next person to come along and use this aforementioned search function. It is simple, drivers, 3 nuts on the inside and 3 bolts on the bottom, wiggle out. Passenger side, support tank, unbolt tank straps and take screws out of top of filler neck, lower tank and push it to the drivers side a tad bit, to get the 3 bolts on the bottom, wiggle out and do reverse order on tank. Done, I learned this mostly from looking at other threads, so once again please use the search function. The amount of information on this forum is ridiculous. The amount things have been covered more than once is even worse.

Alright, i'll read some more. I tend to be impacient so i tend to post question instead of search lol

Understandable tho, i hate repeating things over and over too lol

An the fart can was for fun, we live where a lot of "ricer" kids live so we decided to cram it on there and hold it on with muffler tape and zip-ties to go around the block and pick on the ricers with 40 foot wings and unpainted body kits lol

Alright, i'll read some more. I tend to be impacient so i tend to post question instead of search lol

Understandable tho, i hate repeating things over and over too lol

An the fart can was for fun, we live where a lot of "ricer" kids live so we decided to cram it on there and hold it on with muffler tape and zip-ties to go around the block and pick on the ricers with 40 foot wings and unpainted body kits lol

LOL, nice, thanks for understanding, I hope the explanation above is what you were looking for, its exactly what I did. You may have to lower the exhaust on the drivers side but I didn't I just squeezed it out.

it was cheaper than a flow master lol

i hate flowmaster and magnaflow exhausts. I'll probably run something from another car, like an STi or Evo IX since ive got buddys who have their stock exhausts sitting around waiting for someone to take them off their hands.

• 4 months later...

i recently removed my 260z front bumper and the bumper absorbers.. If I remember correctly the buumper itself was roughly about 35 Lbs and each of the absorbers were about 5 lbs. A home scale was used. THATS A TOTAL OF 45LBS. I wonder how heavy the back is.