HybridZ

Megasquirt...hell...

jacob80

Well if the power source from the fuel pump to the relay is either disconnected or has a broken solder, that would prevent power to the positive side of the coil, but furthermore, the fuel pump would still work via the switched power source. Unfortunately, now that I think about it, the power source to the fuel pump to the relay board must work because the pump primes before cranking. Grrrr!

So I assume you are following the wiring diagram from your post #47. Did you use the 10A fuse that it shows? If so, check it as that would explain what you're describing.

In fact, with the ignition on, check to see if you have +12V where the power wire connects to the coil.

For now, go on the assumption that the problem is somewhere else. It's impossible for any of us who aren't there and seeing this with our own eyes to say that something is "fine" so keep an open mind. But as I said earlier, if while you're cranking the engine megatune is showing a few hundred rpm, then it's probably not your dizzy.

BTW, have you learned how to datalog and review it with MegaLogViewer? You're going to want to use that for tuning - it's by far the easiest and fastest way to get up the curve. You might even want to capture a datalog while cranking and post it here. We might be able to see something.

Yeah I tried that yesterday but no file showed up after I did it. I simpy went to file>datalogging> start datalogging then after I was done I pushed stop but then,the file was nowhere to be found :( I'll try it again tonigh though. I don't have to have megalogviewer running to datalog in megatune, right?

MT should prompt you for the filename (and of course where it will be saved) when you click file>datalogging>start. If it doesn't, then something is broken with Windows or your MT installation. I'd try it again and look closely to see where MT is saving the log.

And, No, MLV does not need to be running while capturing the datalog.