HybridZ

Megasquirt...hell...

jacob80

Did anyone else notice the 6ms Crank Dwell and 4ms Run Dwell settings? Isn't that way too high?
6ms for cranking is what I use so don't think that's the issue here. 4 ms fixed would be a problem for very high revs (7k rpm) as there isn't enough time, but I again I don't think that's the problem here.

Okay, so pull to wire from the distributor to the coil off on the coil side, and while someone cranks, slowly plug it back in and the spark should jump and i'll be able to see this? I guess I'm not sure which "post" you're referring to.
I'm saying you should pull the plug wire off at the coil, have someone else crank the car, and then slowly bring the plug wire back to the coil as if you were going to re-insert it. Stop just short so you can still see the gap and look for a spark. Best to do inside a garage if you can. It should be a nice bright spark.

If you find you have a spark then the next step is to use a timing light while someone else cranks it to get the timing set close. I suspect the timing is too far enough off for the engine to start.

Okay, so back down the run dwell to 3.2 and do the coil test. I'll do these thongs and get back to you guys. I did confirm the timing was spot on before my spark decided to take a dump on me. So if there is a spark when I put that coil wire on but then no spark on the plugs...then what?

If you have spark at the coil, but none (or random) spark at the plugs I would start checking your cap, rotor button, plugs and plug wires. Another thing I just thought of, so you have a chassis ground strap to the engine? On the Z it's typically an extension of the negative battery cable that runs to a starter bolt. I've seen several where that negative cable gets replaced with a non OEM and they fail to connect any kind of chassis ground to the engine causing massive EFI and ignition grounding issues.