HybridZ

What kind of louvers are these? *PIC*

Mani

:windows: If you are talking about the gold Z facing away fom us. Then we are talking about the standard (inside the frame) louvers. The other kind of louvers sit outside the window frame. They are not that hard to find. The hardware for mounting it is the hard thing to find complete. Most of the ones you will find in the junk yards are missing the lower mounting plates. People come along and take them with them. The top mount is one long mounting plate that slides under the window rubber seal. The bottom is secured by two plate that are secured under the window rubber seal (they are not that hard to make, the plate). The hard part to find is the securing bolt that mounts to that plate and fits into the hole on the louver. It is secured to the louver by a swing arm that holds the louver to the car. I have two of them without the mounting kits (lost one to a high speed spin that ripped the both of the lower mounting plates off the car). They do look nice on the Z.:) Edited by RedNeckZ
info

I have two of them without the mounting kits (lost one to a high speed spin that ripped the both of the lower mounting plates off the car). They do look nice on the Z.:)

That is awesome. High speed spin that blew the mounting plates off? Awesome.

:windows: If you are talking about the gold Z facing away fom us. Then we are talking about the standard (inside the frame) louvers. The other kind of louvers sit outside the window frame. They are not that hard to find. The hardware for mounting it is the hard thing to find complete. Most of the ones you will find in the junk yards are missing the lower mounting plates. People come along and take them with them. The top mount is one long mounting plate that slides under the window rubber seal. The bottom is secured by two plate that are secured under the window rubber seal (they are not that hard to make, the plate). The hard part to find is the securing bolt that mounts to that plate and fits into the hole on the louver. It is secured to the louver by a swing arm that holds the louver to the car. I have two of them without the mounting kits (lost one to a high speed spin that ripped the both of the lower mounting plates off the car). They do look nice on the Z.:)

That's the one I'm talking about, I made the white arrow to point towards the one :mrgreen:

But they didn't seem right, since they looked like they were metal or something on the sides (looking at how shiny it is) and the center part is probably metal too but you can't tell since it's not reflecting like the rest.

Anyone got pictures of another Z with those louvers on? Just so we can confirm they're standard in-frame louvers?

• 3 months later...

They are "shadow" brand louvers. I have them on my zx . They are the best ones I've seen . They are thicker rigid aluminum and don't flop around like cheaper ones. I saw a set on ebay awhile back (last year) that were still new in the box. The seller had stored them for 20 years and never used them. I think they sold for a couple hundred.

If I was going to get louvers these would be the ones I would get.Provided I could find them.