HybridZ

Here we go again...most bizarre problem yet

jacob80

Hey guys,

Not happy, at all. Well I've gotten over my ignition thing, which I am very appreciative for, but its just one freaking thing after another. I'm tuning my car, everything seems to be going great, I'm excited. Then, all the sudden the car starts getting really lean at idle out of NOWHERE after idling for a while and dies. Hmm...this is odd, maybe its normal. Start it, everything seems fine. Does it..AGAIN. What the hell? Turn the motor over...doesn't want to start, pump the gas and it starts but it running like absolute crap, something is going seriously wrong. Datalog. I have to datalog this and show it to the guys on HybridZ. Its as if I'm losing electrical power. The WEIRDEST thing about this is that after I'm hitting the gas, trying to keep it going, it dies as if the gas has ZERO effect and the megasquirt goes static, bezerk. I would desribe it as going "static." After it dies, the high pressure fuel pump stays on and the gauges within megatune lock where they are. This is NOT right. Do you guys have ANY idea what I'm experiencing? I changed nothing whatsoever. I even loaded Moby's map back onto the computer with no success, just the same damn problem. This is SO frustrating, I can't even describe. I just want to get my car right and enjoy it, and I've tried to do everything right. Thanks for the help guys, here's my datalog, sorry if I'm being a little rude, I'm just realllly upset. Datalog:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jngznm5knqf

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a 2.2 board I really don't know off the top of my head. You will want to get new plugs before going at it again. At a minimum clean the plugs really well. I recommend the plug cleaner from harbor freight. Hooks up to an air hose and basically sand blasts the electrodes clean. I have one and it works great.

I know on my MSII, especially when the engines cold, (I dont have fast cold idle stuff), since it wont idle, I have the 'feather' the throttle to keep it from stalling,

But what I noticed, if the revs get to low (it idles at 700 when warm), MS goes into a different mode, I think it goes into cranking mode, wont rev, wont idle for long, leans right out.

But if I turn it off, and restart it's fine.

Just looked at your log, what I said above is not your issue.

Nigel

Here is my MSQ:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hjnzgyz2jgz

Now that I think about it, I've also noticed that megasquirt has been doing these "resets" while the car is running. Its almost as if the power gets cut just for a split second. Look at this datalog:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmi3jlnydjt

Look at how everything is all over the place, and look at this spike!

ba2c06d93879addb9b92d569c6e774a05g.jpg

Here's another one from this datalog, damn I never noticed the spike in the log!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnwehwmxzuj/1-11-10-2.xls

cc836bade0f1ef80c81e6f7735c7a8495g.jpg

Is something within the megasquirt going bad? Never really experienced this problem, and I do notice it when the car is running and I"m looking at megatune, because the gauges will reset momentarily, but it continues to run.

Is there gas in the car? If so, have you checked your fuel pressure? Maybe a bad fuel pressure regulator? DIYautotune.com has the instructions for reloading your firmware (im pretty sure).

Running extremely rich can cause the WB to give a lean reading. Are you 100% positive that you did NOTHING to ANYTHING before these conditions started? So basically you walked out to the car, went to start it, and then this happened?

The fuel pressure regulator is a brand spankin new aeromotive, and I did consider not having any gas because the car was VERY low, and I went down to the gas station and put two gallons in, but it didn't help. The gauge on the rail seems to be reading a consistant 35 psi. The only thing I was messing with last night was the AFR tables, VE table, and autotune, which was all reverted back when I switched back over to Moby's settings (which I do not edit) and still had the problem, even after cleaning my plugs. How do I enable a voltage reading in megalogviewer? Thats what you want, right?

By the way, this is a copy of an email I received from DIYAutotune when I was, still am, battling an electrical problem. Hope it can help.

The red lines can have a couple different meanings. If the SecL drops to

zero immediately afterwards, it's a processor reset. As the processor

checks the MAP sensor for barometric correction immediately after the

reset, this will affect fueling.

If SecL keeps on ticking like it was, you've had a communications

dropout. Annoying but won't affect the car's operation.

EDIT: Now just like you eneabled vBatt, enable the Baro correction so you can view any corrections.