HybridZ

1980 10th ann project

abc_was_here

Well figured I would finally post something here, well I bought this car in April of 2009 and when I got it, it was kinda a sad site my girlfriend and mom both laughed at me and said I wasted 300$ dollars, well heres what it looked like the day I brought it home..

100_0415.jpg

100_0418.jpg

100_0417.jpg

100_0414.jpg

Since then I have replaced so many things on the car thinking that this and that was the problem...too bad nothing I changed or replaced did anything, so the car sat around my house for about 3 months as my project car just tinkering here and there getting it to start and run(still to this day it makes no sense how it ran) until one day at a 50% off sale at u-pull-it I bought a bunch of random parts including a computer I ended up putting the computer in and the car fired right up and has ran fantastic ever since...and considering all the things that are new under the hood it should run fantastic. But im only 18 and im still learning lots about these cars.

heres what it looks like now

021-3.jpg

015-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So exhaust manifold stud 6 has been broken for a loonggggg time, and well the header finally started to massivally leak. So car has been off the road for a month or so...good thing I had a 6 to 1 header sitting in the garage with a 60 mm TB :)..

Finally after 2 long days intake and header are on the car and barely got it ready for the 2010 canby meet!

Heres some random car pics. Oh and picked up a parts car with some great tires on turbo swazizs

Some cleaning

020-1.jpg

Header install

009-2.jpg

Porting the non egr intake for the 60 mm TB

012-2.jpg

Finally got my exhaust all done! 2.5in from the header back!(ps my welds are terrible but hey learning experience) :) I finally go the email confirming that my new 60mm throttle body spacer is on the way, and just got my Bosch H4 headlight conversion all done, running super cheap no name bulbs at the moment but it is twice the improvement from what it was I love em, I now need to just switch out the thermostat, people at car quest are retarded. so Baxters a.k.a Bastards supplied me with an excellent one that I am hoping it will actually work. Just need to save money and order the Tocikos and front bushings and get the swastikas finished and put on. Will get pictures of progress posted soon!

Good job man!! did you repaint it ?

No but I think im going to try an d start on the body work to get it repainted next spring because the body is fairly straight with a dent in the hood and pass fender, and of course scratches all over its really quite frustrating how good it can look from 15 ft away and know its flaws <_<

header

014-2.jpg

First time ever at a drag strip racing, at PIR

010-3.jpg

Finishing up the exhaust

016-1.jpg

First time using the new H4 conversion, Bosch headlight reflectors

015-2.jpg

Adjusting the beams

017-1.jpg

Now my Tokicos finally came in and cannot wait to put them on just waiting to get new bushings.

001-5.jpg

where did you order your suspensions parts from?

I ordered them from an ebay seller, JDMwerks13 they came to my door roughly 4 days after buying them. Great seller.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Just waiting on the bushings still cant wait to put the suspension together.

Edited by abc_was_here

• 1 month later...

Just a little update:

Suspension all finished, and man does it drive like a sports car now.

debating on selling though...

018-1.jpg

021-5.jpg

Thought Id add to show a pic of my dads 68 camaro convertable. And of course my exhaust and only bad spot of rust

Edited by abc_was_here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for compliment!

Well, some bad news. I was parked in front of a buddies house last night, and somebody went to leave and backed right into my drivers side rear quarter panel. Destroyed the marker light and left a damn good sized dent..

I will try and upload a photo tomorrow

Heres the picture of the damage done. Went and bought a stud welder today to hopefully "attempt" and pull the damage out as much as I can. I would like to use very little bondo here, but I know metal working is quiet difficult and I have no experience with it. I do have some experience with bondo however. Any advice on how to start with this would be great! :)Time to start taking care of all the body damage now..

It did quiet a number on the lower side and bulged a little on the lower left corner, and of course it got the body line.

007-4.jpg

Edited by abc_was_here

• 6 months later...

well I finally started working on this car again after getting a little into the 4x4 seen. Pulled the dent out as best we could reinstalled all the factory marker lights. Also found a pretty straight 82 280zx hood in way better shape then mine, and it was a matching black!

Drove it to seaside a little while back This was taken at camp 18

IMG_1845.jpg

Slightly see the dent looks better in this pick but gonna have to use a little filler sadly enough

IMG_2133.jpg

New hood

IMG_2136.jpg

Playing with the heep a little

IMG_2059.jpg

Edited by abc_was_here

• 3 weeks later...