HybridZ

Erickbravo909 fraudulent seller alert Ebay

bjhines

Don't buy from this Ebay seller. He stole $60 from me.

Erickbravo909 Erick Tanudjaja, He lives in CA, His email, Phone #, and addy are readily at hand.

He never shipped the item. I contacted him several times about this transaction and he basically strung this out until I had no recourse after 45 days. I can't leave feedback, I cannot make a claim against him, Paypal is the same.

Lesson learned; Don't give anyone any slack on ebay. You absolutely must go straight for the jugular. 45 days is the limit on anything you can do as a buyer.

Ohh... and Paypal and Ebay REALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY do not like chargebacks. If you want to continue to buy and sell on Ebay using Paypal, You had better not use your credit card company to issue a chargback for non-delivery of item after the 45 day "Ebay protection period".

With that said... 4uck Paypal, I may not be able to use paypal anymore after this.

I bought a header off ebay (can't remember sellers name) and I never got it, never even got a reply from the guy. I did what paypal recommends, filed a non-shipment which turned into a refund in my favor. However, paypal takes so long to get your money back, it gave this guy lots of time to empty his paypal account. So when it was all said and done, I got a four dollar refund on a 150.00 header. I told paypal this was crap, and wanted to know where there "buyer protection" that they talked about all the time was, and they told me that was all they could do for me. Moral of the story is watch yourself on ebay and don't trust paypal. The problem is if you buy on ebay, you have to use paypal anymore. Hope you get your money back!

I have only had a handful of Ebay transactions that have gone well.

Most of my experiences have been plagued by Overpriced shipping, item not like description, bad shipping practices end up ruining items, sellers never ship items, returns and monetary resolutions always end up loosing me money due to various reasons.

I have not purchased much in the past few years due to this risk. It seems that whenever I get interested in Ebay again I get bitten within a few transactions.

I really don't see the point of Ebay anymore, It is a theives' guild and money mine for shady individuals. There are at least as many bad-faith sellers as good ones. For every dollar I may have saved hunting for used goods, I have lost $2.

Ebay has eviscerated the local flea market, yard-sale, and newspaper classified ads. I still don’t understand how one would risk a purchase from an unknown private individual without direct personal contact.

At least there’s Craigslist – which is probably the best of both worlds; the reach and immediacy of the internet, and the security of in-person contacts.

Ebay has eviscerated the local flea market, yard-sale, and newspaper classified ads. I still don’t understand how one would risk a purchase from an unknown private individual without direct personal contact.

At least there’s Craigslist – which is probably the best of both worlds; the reach and immediacy of the internet, and the security of in-person contacts.

Also has the chance of being mugged and robbed. Lets not forget about having your house scoped out for break ins.

Paypal's Buyer Protection is only useful when purchasing from Power Sellers and others with hundreds or more transaction who can't afford to walk away. For an individual who can, it's worthless.

I also don't spend more than I'm prepared to lose.

BJ, not trying to pile on, but I would not buy from anyone who kept his feedback comments private - it would seem that he has something to hide. Also, when buying from sellers with a lot of transactions, anything less than 98.5% is a big warning flag for me. So I've kept the bar pretty high for whom I'll do business with and so far, only had one deal go bad. Seller didn't ship, I filed claim with Paypal, but they were so slow that there were no funds left to pay my refund. Note: his profile looked a lot like this guy's but the deal looked good enough that I was prepared to take the risk. What's that saying that if something looks too good to be true it probably is? :)

But I too have shifted from ebay being the first place to look to the last because of this type of BS. Craigslist is a nice middle ground, although as a seller, it doesn't lend itself to getting the maximum price. But as a buyer, it's pretty good.

Sometimes when I loose a bid on an item, I feel cheated. I loose by .50 cents in the last second on an item that I am the sole bidder. WTF? Then the item is relisted by another Ebayseller in the same state with the same photos(often with a higher starting price. WTF?

I have lost interest in Ebay in general.