HybridZ

The Worthy Advice Thread-Give us all some

Heathhh

"Enjoy yourself, its later than you think."

Very true.

Props to BRAAP for the newbz advice. Hopefully they actually read what he just said.

And i like the one, "If your dating a girl and she is the only "normal" "good" one, leave now cause shes a time bomb waiting to explode."

-I absolutely agree with this one. Past relationship says it all.

Easy one to remember too, do not forget the safety eye wear when using the grinder. I just did that the other day O_O. Good thing i realized it before touching the metal with the grinder.

And also, seriously take great precautions with your lungs now and always forever more. If you damage those now, do not expect a comfortable life soon after. Those lungs will hinder you so much if they are damaged. I have a whole family line representing what i just said. They all regret it and wish they had done different to better protect their lungs. That goes for anything, like sanding and painting etc. Wear protection there and elsewhere! ;)

Edited by Heathhh
smiley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my Father:

Given a 50/50 chance, 100% of the time you're wrong.

The sooner you accept that there will always be someone bigger, faster, and more expensive than you, the faster you can enjoy what you're doing.

Never be too good to learn from someone. Odds are you're going to learn from them anyways, but learning by choice is a whole lot less painful than learning by force.

Years ago a guy I knew told me "Remember, life is just a series of adjustments" A short time later, he stole my motorcycle. I recalled his advice, and when I caught up with him, I adjusted him big time. The point is, that he was right, I haven't beat anyone with a roller chain in 30 years.

Easy one to remember too, do not forget the safety eye wear when using the grinder. I just did that the other day O_O. Good thing i realized it before touching the metal with the grinder.

I wish I would have remembered that about a year ago...:fmad: I got 3 days out of school though. :mrgreen:

Always use a mask or goggles when welding. Burnt eyes hurt like a sonofabitch. :mrgreen:

Never trust a fart.

Awe Crap! Why didn't you tell me that before.......need to change my undies now :mrgreen:

I have a couple in my signature.

To keep an opened mind, speculation is divine, assumptions always lead to a dead end.

Keep raising the standards!!

Don't make enemies you don't want to keep.

Given a 50/50 chance, 100% of the time you're wrong.

The sooner you accept that there will always be someone bigger, faster, and more expensive than you, the faster you can enjoy what you're doing.

Never be too good to learn from someone. Odds are you're going to learn from them anyways, but learning by choice is a whole lot less painful than learning by force.

Excellent advice! I've noticed the first one all my life;).

The second one give a peaceful perspective on life its self.

Life is all about learning.

Once you come to grips with all three, the journey is becomes more beautiful then the goals!

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

(attributed variously to Abraham Lincoln and P.T. Barnum)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

(Arthur C. Clarke)