HybridZ

MegaSquirt III

FricFrac

Has anyone been involved with the MSIII beta testing? Any reason to wait for MSIII to come out?

Which features of MSIII are you waiting for? To me, it seems that the big differences are sequential injection and the additional I/O. But for our L6 engines which are either exempt from smog or have a very low bar, I'm not sure what the advantage of sequential injection would be.

I've been running MSII/Extra V3.x for a while and it is very feature-rich for both NA and Turbo applications. When MSIII comes out I'll look at it more closely, but I'm doubtful that I'll upgrade.

"On board datalogging to SDcard (max 333Hz sample rate)"

^^ That'll be fun :D [My laptop battery lasts for a good 30 minutes]

I went with MS1, I knew it would do everything I neede to get started, and I can upgrade to MS3 when it ever comes out.

Any ETA Mr. Cramer?

"On board datalogging to SDcard (max 333Hz sample rate)"

^^ That'll be fun :D [My laptop battery lasts for a good 30 minutes]

I went with MS1, I knew it would do everything I neede to get started, and I can upgrade to MS3 when it ever comes out.

Any ETA Mr. Cramer?

That's what a power inverter is for.

I want the Sequential injection and spark control, and the extra outputs. And the SD card datalogging so I don't have to haul my laptop around whenever I want to gather data.

I have MSII-Extra on my VG30ET right now.

how hard will it be to upgrade from ms2 will i have to rewire everything?

Only the injectors and maybe the coils if you change that. Normal sensor inputs can be the same.

Final pricing has not been decided on assembled units, but expect the base price to be somewhere around $100 to $250 more than a standard MS2 depending on whether you're going with the batch fire or sequential MS3. Sometimes an MS3 may be cheaper than an MS2 if you put a bunch of optional features on the MS2 that the MS3 has standard.

We've been using individual thermocouples to test cylinder by cylinder tuning.

It's almost certain to be out before the end of the year, and has a better than 50-50 chance of being out in the next 4 months.

that's about 70 dollars worth of TC amplifiers alone!

I guess it's still better than buying 6 lc-1's.