HybridZ

Ledfoot Racing - ebay radiator?

Anyone seen or used one of these? I need more cooling than the stock 240Z radiator if I'm ever going to race more than two laps at a time. It's for a roadrace LS1 240Z and from the description is too good to pass up. Seems like there must be more to the story for that price??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALUMINUM-3-ROW-RADIATOR-1970-1971-1972-1973-DATSUN-240z_W0QQitemZ220558419762QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item335a4e6732

Cameron

• 4 months later...

Update:

Ended up getting the three row Champion (brand ledfoot sells). It came as advertised. Quality is ok not perfect. The mounting tabs were bent up but once straightened fit right up. The hoses fit without issue. The tank is semi-polished but appear to be hand bent as you can clearly see hammer marks. Don't think it will affect anything just wasn't bent on a press brake. The billet filler neck is just bling IMO as since it's softer than the stamped steel ones it's a bit hard to get the cap off as it digs into the billet aluminum. So far it's what you paid for. Now for cooling, the ls1 with stock 240z radiator would get to 230 degrees before I backed off fairly easily. This would take maybe 10 or so minutes of track time if it was 80 deg out. So 20 minute sessions were alternating hard lap and cool down lap to manage not overheating. If it was hotter out it would 230 degrees with 3 laps. So last weekend was first outing with the champion. Really fun track named Grattan in western Michigan. Saturday was in the mid 70s and water never got over 200 over 20 minute sessions. Sunday was around 80 and I never saw over 210. So I would say the three row champion dropped water temp at least 20 degrees over the stock radiator. So overall I'm happy and glad I don't have to back off all the time to keep from overheating.

Cameron

• 1 month later...

All - I'm always surprised at the search for the perfect radiator for the LS1 conversion. I've been running mine for 7 years now on the original 280Z radiator (3 row stock) recored to a 4 row with the fans from the donor Z28. I have never had an overheating problem even in 100 degree heat with the AC on and only one fan working because of a failed relay. The car has run 30 minute sessions on the track at TMS in Ft Worth and never once did the needle exceed the normal position.