HybridZ

Is this a good idea?

jacob80

Absolutely not! Everybody knows red as a background color for exhaust housings just makes their flanges look bigger than usual!

Har har har! I only ask because I have never ever once heard of or even seen a flange welded to the exhaust turbine housing prior to this photograph.

They must not work to bad if they are producing and selling turbine housings with the flange on it.

atphsg04345015983751.jpg

Where did you find that? I saw a similar piece in the book Maximum Boost, that looked like the picture jacob80 posted, but it was actually cast, and not welded. I think this is a brilliant idea, but I could never find a vendor. Having an external wastegate flange cast into the turbine housing would really simplify installation and I think flow very well, possibly even better than what one could come up with for a custom header. A lot of the custom manifolds I've seen have the external wastegate plumbing doing 180 deg turns from the direction of flow because of a lack of space. My only concern is will it clear the intake on an L28?

Nigel

'73 240ZT

OK, I found it. As I suspected, ATP Turbo sells it:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-HSG-043&Category_Code=GTH

Unfortunately, it only comes in a T25 housing angry.gif

That sucks!

Maybe if enough people ask, ATP will make a T3 version. Or, does anybody know of another vendor who makes a T3 version?

Nigel

'73 240ZT