HybridZ

Race On USA

I don't know if anyone has visited their site lately, but all Hoods and hatches have been taken down. I called them up to see what it was about, they are sending production overseas to cut down on costs but still have the molds and will continue to be making them when ordered. They will need 3 weeks and payment in advance. Im going to contact them again in a couple months and see if we can do a group buy to cut down on shipping costs, they said for hood and hatch shipped together be 300 anywhere in the US, but they are in Cali so im sure they wouldn't charge that for people in the area but who knows.

I don't know if anyone has visited their site lately, but all Hoods and hatches have been taken down. I called them up to see what it was about, they are sending production overseas to cut down on costs but still have the molds and will continue to be making them when ordered. They will need 3 weeks and payment in advance. Im going to contact them again in a couple months and see if we can do a group buy to cut down on shipping costs, they said for hood and hatch shipped together be 300 anywhere in the US, but they are in Cali so im sure they wouldn't charge that for people in the area but who knows.

Let me tell you about the hood that I got from those guys. The build quality is not worth $600. There was a groupbuy or something like that before for $350, it was maybe worth that. The hood is not well made, the finish is not good, the fit is not good, it's a poorly made product. I would imagine that the quality will improve when they go make them in China. Let me share a picture of my hood with you. The car sits in the garage, it doesn't get driven except out to the driveway to get washed and put back inside. The underside is separating from the carbon skin. The hood already looked bad at the edges (uneven and poor finish with spray paint) when I picked it up. With time, it just gets better.

I wish I kept my stock metal hood, at least it fit well and I wouldn't have been worried about it shreading into pieces and flying off the car.

49ab9b70.jpg

Let me tell you about the hood that I got from those guys. The build quality is not worth $600. There was a groupbuy or something like that before for $350, it was maybe worth that. The hood is not well made, the finish is not good, the fit is not good, it's a poorly made product. I would imagine that the quality will improve when they go make them in China. Let me share a picture of my hood with you. The car sits in the garage, it doesn't get driven except out to the driveway to get washed and put back inside. The underside is separating from the carbon skin. The hood already looked bad at the edges (uneven and poor finish with spray paint) when I picked it up. With time, it just gets better.

I wish I kept my stock metal hood, at least it fit well and I wouldn't have been worried about it shreading into pieces and flying off the car.

49ab9b70.jpg

Do you think this is an isolated case or has this happened to others? Did you call Customer Service? What did they say?

My hood is ok no issues so far, the hatch is another story. It doesn't fit fell at all and I will be getting rid of it as soon as the car comes back. I have already had the stock hatch painted and glass installed. Would I buy from them again? Nope.

My hood is ok no issues so far, the hatch is another story. It doesn't fit fell at all and I will be getting rid of it as soon as the car comes back. I have already had the stock hatch painted and glass installed. Would I buy from them again? Nope.

Are there other options for Fiberglass or CF hoods/hatches out there?

I have one of their CF hoods installed on my MR2 and let me just say that if I actually cared about the aesthetics of my MR2, that POS would've been gone a long time ago. The fitment is absolutely horrible, but it weighs 20lbs less than my stock hood, so that's all I care about right now. I had to notch my hood hinges and move the hood latch over about 1/2in for it to fit.

Edited by MazterDizazter