HybridZ

steel wheel flares

ktmp

I love the look of the carbon fiber flares but I'm after a smoothed in look. I'm not too crazy about blending fiberglass to steel so I am considering making steel flares. I have quite a bit of welding and body work experience but I have never made or seen steel flares made before. Anyone have any sites with info on making these? I would also be willing to cut some flares from modern cars if anything close exists? Let me know if you have any ideas?

THANKS

The closest I have seen is some people have used VW bugs. The old 60's -70's and shaved them down.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/62876-what-flares-does-mark-rolston-have/page__p__583156__hl__bug%20flares__fromsearch__1entry583156

I see you are in St. George ever make it to Vegas? Since you are so close I might be interested in paying you to do some custom stuff for my Z.

Edited by Skittle

If you are looking for steel flares, the best transition to the Z body are the Porsche 930 Turbo flares. There is a Gunmetal Gray Z with Porsche flares floating around the web. I have a picture in album of the yellow Z with turbo flares. I post a picture of a red Z my brother e-mailed to me. I think the guy who built the yellow Z got the instructions from the guy who built the gray Z on how you cut the flares down the middle, remove middle sections to get the arch to fit the wheels you are going with. I have a set of Porsche fiberglass flares you do the same way, but fill in with fiberglass, instead of welding like the steel flares.

The closest I have seen is some people have used VW bugs. The old 60's -70's and shaved them down.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/62876-what-flares-does-mark-rolston-have/page__p__583156__hl__bug%20flares__fromsearch__1entry583156

I see you are in St. George ever make it to Vegas? Since you are so close I might be interested in paying you to do some custom stuff for my Z.

post-869-12685282218281_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dudeboy

Metalmeet is a great site with a lot of info, but they are more likely to give you advise on making your own out of metal, which is difficult without experience and tools. There was a member on here, can't remember his name though, that had some guy custom make a set for him for cheap. Try searching "fender flares" and see if it comes up. I wanted to do the metal flares too, but just discouraged and bought CF ones. Good luck.

I was at a stop light and a dodge nitro pulled up beside me,the wheels in my head started turning. Dame,those flares just might work on my Z. Check the dodge nitro and let me know what you think.I`ll be looking for them at the junker.