HybridZ

selling my mom's mercury

woldson

It was my Grandmothers, then my moms, since 69. Sentimental reasons is the only reason I'm posting this to make sure I get the best value for my mother.

I've checked local guys and the internet as much as I could. Not much on the net for car or drivetrain.

I really do not know the value of this car, it is a 69 mercury marquies, colony park.

It has a 429 high compression engine that has never been worked on outside of water pump, intake and carb.

C6 tranny, and ford 9in big bearing rear end.

Around here it seems that it may only be worth a few hundred bucks.

It has to go, but because of economy and energy prices, you just can't move these types of cars.

So just want to make sure before I set it out on the street for sale.

And no it's not going in my ZX ;).

Thankyou for any advice given.

Well their see is in all her beauty!

Tranny was rebuilt about 10k ago, electronic ignition was put in 5k ago and the bearings in the rear were replaced about 2k ago.

About the same time I replaced the carb, intake and water pump. This was years ago, however, it never got driven. To bad my mother used to hull horses with the car with the original 2 barrel and I really wanted to know how much different the car did. Oh well.

This car for some reason dose not leak oil, even with a 173k. Sure it was taken care of, but....

I think it uses a quart of oil every 3k.

My grandmother drove at 80mph with kids in the car, then avg. 90 by here self, she was a neat lady!

She scratch up the car leaving the driveway the last time she drove it. Insisted that it be fixed, so they only did a moderate job.

Ohhhhh, an Estate Car (Station Wagon) the perfect tow vehicle for someone with an open trailer!

My wife would kill me!

Then it will hurt even more if I add this:

zxdiff005Medium.jpg

or this:

zxdiff006Medium.jpg

Yep that's right.....

zxdiff007Medium.jpg

Air shocks, my Mother use to haul a trailer, appox 4k pd, and two horses, approx 2400 pds she even has the stablizer bars.

I need to post a pic, but the seats in the trunk are cool. Anyhoooo, not really trying to sell here, however, its, Tony....;) and he is off on assinment....I miss my spell check.

Besides

Ooooo, I forgot my wife wanted to add her Knitting stuff, somehow seems fitting considering how much respect I had for my Grandmother.

zxdiff008Medium.jpg

Funny thing is she is a noob, I do feel sorry for my children....

Edited by woldson