• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S4 in the garage??

Very nice job so far!

Edit....

What city are you near?

Thanks neotech!

I am out of Auburn, Washington. The car in the garage is actually a 1995.5 S6 wagon that we just got done installing a much bigger gt30 turbo. :2thumbs:

Nice, I'm 17 and just finished my Junior year in high school. I'm just starting my L28et swap into my '75 280z. Any plans with the motor/suspension?

Very cool!! Nothing beats a Z for a first car, eh? As far as an engine goes, I have been debating many possibilities. L28et would be soo easy and cheap for the power that i want, but nothing beats the sound of a good old nostalgic N/A L-series. Instead of turning my car into a huge money pit, I will invest in the car later on. For suspension, I have been researching the use of s13 coilovers and other possibilities other than Ground control. It'd be nice to have all of the camber capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job, I'm 15 and live in Auburn too right by the supermall actually. I think I saw your car somewhere before, it's nice to see another older Z down in auburn. What school do you go to?

Is that right? RIGHT ON! :2thumbs:

I go to AHS. FINALLY someone close with a Z.

Auburn high? Man you go to the opposite school of me I'm from Riverside.

Haha I know right, gotta take a look at your car sometime.

Yeah man for sure!!! What's your name? And are you currently driving your S30?

• 2 weeks later...

More pics:

Are those wheeles going to make the turning radius clearance and proper spaceing with the stock suspension or are you going to change the suspension out?

Im not to far either for now, ft lewis, my 3.1L L28ET is out in Everett at Z sport racing for installing my base tune for my MS ECU, hopefully by the end of the week she should be running. Hope to see you on the road soon.

More pics:

Are those wheeles going to make the turning radius clearance and proper spaceing with the stock suspension or are you going to change the suspension out?

Im not to far either for now, ft lewis, my 3.1L L28ET is out in Everett at Z sport racing for installing my base tune for my MS ECU, hopefully by the end of the week she should be running. Hope to see you on the road soon.

• 1 month later...

I think I need to update this more often.-__-

SO! Not much is different since the last pics besides the fact that the wheels are actually on the car. Oh! Flares have also moved in. I'm still waiting on a time to go fetch some welting from the local VW shop to stick behind them.

As of the past week, I have faced a dilemma on what is next.. Do I want exhaust? Should I get seats that actually HAVE a headrest? Should I lower this bastard like it really needs to be? Should I give it the paint job it deserves? If so, what color? The decisions never stop and I can only do so little being an part-time employed 17 year old...

For the future power plant, I have also reached a dead end. This is because in one corner of the garage, sits a nice'n purdy L28 accompanied by a 5 speed that seems to give me the puppy eyes every time I walk into the garage. BUT, in the complete opposite corner, a mint 5.0 HO out of an '89 sits with its T5 partner. I feel like the l28 is the angel in one shoulder, and the v8 is the Devil on the other.. How much work is really involved in the v8 swap? I should point out that the v8 is fuel injected.

All in all, what would you guys prefer? Show before Go? Or visa-versa?

I think it's time for pictures, yes? Wheels are XXR 527, 17x8.25 & 17x9.75. Rear tires are 245/45 and fronts are 215/45

post-10900-013386700 1312572455_thumb.jpg

post-10900-015390900 1312572484_thumb.jpg

post-10900-063047000 1312572498_thumb.jpg

Sits much too high in the rear. <_<

post-10900-074841600 1312572627_thumb.jpg

post-10900-093013700 1312572672_thumb.jpg

Good friend's bagged Thing driving with me to a show.

post-10900-098734600 1312573099_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zhunter

• 2 months later...

Yes, the wheels DO in fact make the full radius, that is, when paired with 1" spacers in the front, and 1.5" spacers in the back.

I'd love to see your car sometime!. I have been wanting to witness a L28ET in action.

Edited by Zhunter

• 2 months later...

Hey, I live up in Mukilteo, My L28et/Megasquirt is 99% done, I'll trololol down after my diffs welded and we can go for a ride!

Good luck with highschool, ladies love the z. I graduated last year though.

Also, L28ET will get you there in a hurry, no need to dive straight into a 5.0 which is a bit of a ***** to swap. I've seen the build before, its not pretty.

Edited by Two80z4me