HybridZ

Junkyard run this weekend for seats...

LoneStarS30Z

After hours and hours of researching here and craigslisting locally, I've gotten a few cars I'm gonna be looking for when I visit the junk yard this weekend for some seats to get rid of these awful no name reclinable bucket seats I have.

On my list is such as:

-late 80s-early 90s CRX seats. I found a NICE pair on craigslist. But the guy wanted $400 for the pair. I wanted to cuss him out.

-Porsche 924/944 seats. Friend of mine has a 944 and I sat in the seats and immediately thought, "I muse have this".

-Miata seats. Seems to be popular around here and a good fit.

-1st generation Eclipse seats. I found a pair for $50 in awesome condition, but I'm worried about them sitting too high.

-80s era 3-series BMW seats. Might as well try to be ambitious?

What other cars would you guys recommend me keep my eyes open for specifically? Other than seats I'm pretty much looking for anything else that could be at helpful with the Z. Who know what I'll find! I'm weirdly excited, Arizona has huge junkyards and so many of em.

I love my eclipse seats all I did was drill out the spot welds for the Stock rails and I bolted Stock Z rails on and they work just fine, I can go measure how much Height they have left. I'm about 6 Foot and I like to lean the seat back a notch or two and I have a few inches of headroom. The thing I like about them is that they look stock but they are more comfortable and cloth. I got mine from a 1992 Eclipse GS, I'll go take some pictures and measurements.

EDIT: with the seat in the furthest upright position there is 6 inches between the top part of the seat and the roof. I will get some pictures of how I attached the seat later, my camera is acting up.

post-4699-12700472074017_thumb.jpg

Edited by 19752802+2

I'm digging the 944 seat swap, and in typical fashon scouring through CL, came across these two sets on san diego craigslist, just thought I would link these here.

Miata Seats Leather - $250 PostingID: 1683184169

And these Porsche 911 951 944 Seats - $399, link to ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911-944-944S-951-Seats_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c53fd9f20QQitemZ190387691296QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories