HybridZ

Need a new daily drive

sorealsosurreal

Personally I've heard that Z32's can be troublesome electrical-wise and that the vg30DE's are hard to work on but that's just my $.02.

Fixed ;)

The single cam VG30E/VG30ET is not bad and can make decent power.

I couldn't get my Z31 out of my parent's driveway when it snowed/iced earlier this year so I won't be caught with my pants down again :) [i do realise you are in California, but off-roading is ReALLY fun]

Yeah you should stay away from those Merc motors. :rolleyes:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ra64 toyota celica. 22r's can take beatings

gas milage, reliability, and rwd.

000_1791.jpg

Toyota Cressida.

4 door supra. take care of the headgasket and youll be ok.

rwd and seats 4 comfortably i personally daily one of these.

IMG_2951.jpg

nissan 200sx.

came 1.8 turbo, 2 liter, and with a vg30. dunno about reliability

1984-nissan-200sx-pic-48517.jpeg

of course 240sx, bmw 3 series(318's get good mpgs), corolla sr5

times 12 to the 190e. my mate is actually going to sell his XJ-S (350 v8 swapped) to buy a 190e and throw a sr20 in it.

after all how awesome does this look

Insert $80k evo II image

and the 14 piece evo kit goes for about $600 biggrin.gif

It's darned near impossible to make an f-evo look like an evo. Something like having little std mb wheel houses instead of the huge-by-large EVO houses, usually leads to them looking really funky.

Besides the point of a Benz is to maintain the appearance of something my grandpa would drive cool.gif

What about the old 81-83 RWD 910 Maxima's? (They called them 810 maxima's in teh us) 4 door 280ZX and more or less immortal. My parents put just over 300k on theirs before they got rid of it while I was growing up. You've even got spare parts for it!

Edited by MAG58

Ok so I've been doing more lookng around and I think I've found it. A 94-95 mustang with a 5.0 and a stick. Reasons being one can be found for 2-4k fairly easy, parts are dirt cheap, the 5.0 is old technology but they work and are pretty reliable, and they are rediculously easy to work on.

One thing I will say is that fords are against everything I stand for since I used to have a 68 camaro but I just hate the way the 3rd and 4th gen camaros steer (which is what I'd be able to afford.

Anyways I don't plan on buying a new daily diver till probably end of summer and I'm sure I'll change my mind sevral times between now and then but a mustang seems like a good choice for now. Any feedback is welcome.

Anyways I don't plan on buying a new daily diver till probably end of summer and I'm sure I'll change my mind sevral times between now and then but a mustang seems like a good choice for now. Any feedback is welcome.

I just don't understand why you would want to have two RWD higher HP [relatively ;)] cars.

I would suggest getting something cheap, reliable [you don't want to spend Z time working on your DD] and just fun/comfortable to drive around in. It also gives you more incentive to drive the Z if it's boring :)

I loved my Z31 but it just ended up being something that I wanted to dump money into, and eventually it started having the problems an 86 turbo car gets at 150,000 miles.

Oh and something that good gas mileage if you're into that whole thing :D

I have sat in the back of a mustang and I'm 6 foot and I can tell you the back seat is as worthless or even less as in a datsun 2+2, I had to turn my head so when we were driving along I didn't break my neck hitting the roof. I like the idea of a Miata they are cheap get 35 miles a gallon but if you want something a little more fun why not a 89 or close Toyota supra? It really is up to you since you are the one that will be buying but Palauoriginal had some good ideas. I also am going to recommend a Ford Focus ZX3 yeah it is FWD but with a 2.0 DOHC 130HP it is a fun car to drive my dad beat a old Eagle talon turbo off the line with our little NA Ford focus plus they are way comfy and get 30 miles a gallon.