HybridZ

Dirt track setup on a 260 z

So Speedway is my bible, They have a Willwood tri reverse mount pedal kit with a 6:2-1 ratio and I like the idea of keeping the resivoures in the car and cleanish. I have read alot about the tilton setups and big brake kits but no info for otherwise stock brake system. I have started my project and am putting in a rollcage next weekend 1 1/2 .120 wall dom tubing would have went .095 but rules say I need to have 1 pound weight per cc of power.

go on ebay and try and find a used pedal setup with the speedway master brake line kit and the metric to AN adapters. You won't need anything other then stock brakes for an 1/8 mile oval, you can do a rear disc conversion for simplicity, but you won't really need anything else.

Rule book says no more than 8 tire contact patch. I am trying to find some 2 " spacers for the right side and 1 inch for the left might have to have the local machine shop make some. When I remember I will upload the ruels.

That is a 14" you will still need flares with an 8. I had an 8 inch front up there before to. It sticks out quite a bit. The contact patch is 8 but the sidewall and everything makes it a bit wider. That means crazy powered expensive cars can't hook up, gives the rest of the guys a chance. I like rules like that.

Here are the rules.

Body:

Must have factory constructed for make model and year

removal of front inner fenders is allowed

front hoop allowed

all suspension components must remain in factory location no welded reinforcements

caster and camber may be changed by normal methods cannot exceed manufactures limitations

coil over shocks and McPherson struts allowed

all cars must have a minimum of four inches of ground clearance

Transmission and rear end:

transmission upgrade allowed must stay in same family

stock clutches only

rear end gears maybe welded or locked

no after market rear ends allowed

no ram coupler

Engine:

no set back or offset

max displacement of 2950cc

heads may be factory for make of engine used or after market replacements

deck head may be shaved

porting allowed

block must be factory for family of car used

stock fly wheel only

crank must be factory for family of car

after market rods and cranks allowed

camshaft may be after market

engine balancing allowed

Ignition

Ignition system must be factory for make of car electrical upgrade allowed to oem only

Alot less restrictive than the street stock class I race the nova in.

I wish, I had those rules for the street stock my brother runs. So you're looking at a built L30, 13:1 C/R built head, forged rods and pistons, lightened crank, built head with a massive cam, VDL built two barrel holley, "stock" aluminum 10 pound flywheel with an unsprung 6 puck clutch and a z32 trans with a welded 4.32 rear gear? ;)

I wish, I had those rules for the street stock my brother runs. So you're looking at a built L30, 13:1 C/R built head, forged rods and pistons, lightened crank, built head with a massive cam, VDL built two barrel holley, "stock" aluminum 10 pound flywheel with an unsprung 6 puck clutch and a z32 trans with a welded 4.32 rear gear? ;)

Only stock clutch, I don't think a 6 puck unsprung is very stock. LOL

In 2 weeks I hope to have the body stich welded and a cage in. Then I will need to figure out spring and struts wheel offsets and the rear end and gearing. Do we know what a 260 weighs gutted my roll cage will weigh about 250 lbs seat 20ish 8 gallon fuel cell 10ish empty 50 or so misc. I am going to put in sub frame connectors and a x brace. I was also going to plate mount the engine to help tie everything together.

Only stock clutch, I don't think a 6 puck unsprung is very stock. LOL

exactly.. "stock" the way tech works for stuff like these, is that they will do a general safety tech, weigh it and usually give the car a basic visual inspection, if he's in the top three the officials will decide what point of the car they want to inspect, which is usually the carbs, tires, weight or rear end.

Personally, if you can get away with it, is to run a modified vg30e with a carb. the only problem, is that you need the factory ECU to control the spark.

The way our track works is if people think you are to fast they have to pay 500 for a tear down and pay for the rebuild if found to be legal. If you are illegal you are banned till back in compliance. Rules say bottom end has to be stock but you can have a full built head. But they also say after market pistons and rods are allowed so I think creative interpretation is going to be put in to place there. Hopefully I can find a bottom end that is fresh with forged pistons and light weight rods. I am not a very good mechanic and Denver is 3 hours away so Ill have to order in most parts. Although I think a well put together and balanced bottom end may be more important. John C. from Betamotorsports had said to find a good 100k engine and run with it but the only ones I have seen are clapped out.

Edited by suparman