HybridZ

Three Paint Themes for my Car

GodZilla

Which Paint Theme  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which paint theme should I go with.

• Black bump on the hood
    • All Black Hood
    • Black Hood & Roof
    • All White w/ ZG Flares
    • What ever floats your boat

So my car is going to be road ready towards end of June. I was wondering if any of you had any input on the paint department. The car will remain white but I wouldn't mind some black in there. I'm 100% getting the flares in carbon fiber. I was going to go with Nissan QAB paint code but have now decided to stick with the Nissan N1 Racing paint. I'm not good in photoshop so I did my own version of it. Below are the choices. So far, I'm thinking option #1 but would like to hear from actual Z owners. Pictures below.

post-5873-12733843939256_thumb.jpg

post-5873-1273384400274_thumb.jpg

post-5873-12733844072625_thumb.jpg

post-5873-12733844187456_thumb.jpg

post-5873-12733844286679_thumb.jpg

post-5873-12733844363818_thumb.jpg

post-5873-12733844439271_thumb.jpg

post-5873-12733844518501_thumb.jpg

post-5873-12733844606868_thumb.jpg

I like the totally black hood with black fender flares and rear spoiler, IMO I think painting the hood bump is kinda cheezy because you can't get a good clean line because its more smooth then straight and clean.

Edit: The hood would look nice carbon fiber and the flares painted black.

Here is a car that looks like what your talking about this is Slammed68's car.

Datsunlowered027-2.jpg

Edited by 19752802+2

I agree with 2+2. The hood needs to all be the same color. Painting the hood bump a different color is a romantic thought, but in real life it looks like dookie 95% of the time.

If I had a white Z. She would certainly be CF up front with black ZGs and black BRE rear spoiler with a white MSA Type-1 up front paint matched... yeah much like that picture lol.

Minus the rotas.

Edited by xonix_digital

I say do whatever you think is best, you can always switch it up if you choose to. Yea painting the hood black, with black flares, and a black spoiler would be the safe modification, but its also the most common thing out there. If your looking for classic then I say option 2, but if you want the car to be personal and unique, then do whatever you think looks best.

I don't know how to go about painting the spoiler black since it's molded into the body and smooths right in. There is no pre-defined lines where the cutoff would be; if that makes sense. :blink: Look below to see what I'm talking about. If you guys have any input on how to paint it black without making it look awkward, let me know. With the picture posted above, the spoiler is a separate piece which makes it easier.

SandingDown.jpg

260Zmountain.jpg

260Zlot.jpg

260Zconstruction.jpg

Edited by GodZilla

Oh, I didn't realize you had a three piece spoiler. In that case I would just leave it white the MSA spoilers look nice in black since they are defined from the body. I would say black hood and ZG flares and leave the spoiler white? but idk how that would look. I'm sure you could find a photoshop guru on here that would help you out by doing some stuff with a photo of your car. Never hurts to try it out first then actually do it and not like it. :D