HybridZ

OBX gear flipping.

ModernS30

So I have spent a few hours reading all of the threads. I am probably going way in over my head, I understand setting the pre-load and everything on the differential. What I don't get is how you flip the gears, I know you have to turn them around. I just don't understand how, Do you just pick them up and flip them over? I am going to do it as a learning experience if nothing else. I want a limited slip as my open carrier is broken anyway. I need to get a replacement and I don't have the money to spend on a more expensive differential swap. If you guys can help at all that is great. If you totally flame my I understand. :D I read all the OBX threads that are pinned and the links to the ones that are in the pinned ones. Maybe I missed something. If I did and this gets sent to the shed that is fine I will keep reading. Thanks in advance for any help.

So I have spent a few hours reading all of the threads. I am probably going way in over my head, I understand setting the pre-load and everything on the differential.

Do you have the OBX carrier yet?

It's very easy to see what you need to do when you get it.

Pull out the two centre gears and planetary gears, flip them all upside down. Be careful to notice the position of the circlip grooves. See: TrumpetRhapsody's thread.

Get on gmail and we'll talk about it :P

Do you have the OBX carrier yet?

It's very easy to see what you need to do when you get it.

Pull out the two centre gears and planetary gears, flip them all upside down. Be careful to notice the position of the circlip grooves. See: TrumpetRhapsody's thread.

Get on gmail and we'll talk about it :P

I don't yet have it but I am on gmail now. I am ordering the diff tomorrow but I found out my pinion also has a chip out of the top of it. I will take pictures. I think it will be alright so long as I get all the materials out of there.

Don't assume you need to flip the gears.  Only some are wrong.  But yes, just flip them over like a flapjack.

Cool, flat black helped me out. I know that they aren't always backwards. Like I said, I looked through the threads. I am going to do the washers and maybe the bolts. I don't know if its worth it for the bolts or not. As flat black said better safe than sorry.

Cool, flat black helped me out. I know that they aren't always backwards. Like I said, I looked through the threads. I am going to do the washers and maybe the bolts. I don't know if its worth it for the bolts or not. As flat black said better safe than sorry.

:icon14:  Good luck.  I think you'll be happy with it.