HybridZ

240z gas tank in a 280z question

I am trying to put a 240z fuel tank in a 280z. Because when i bought the car it did not have a tank in it. My question is were does the outlets on the right side, back, and left forward go to and the the other forward ones that are close together are the fuel lines right?

back

post-10265-12741321396151_thumb.jpg

forward

Edited by mldub2

• 3 weeks later...

It wont go unless you have a 280Z with a full-sized spare---the space saver will have you making support brackets for the top of the tank as the 240 tank is significantly smaller in the spare tire area than the later (6-76 on) 280Z tanks.

Midub has no location listed, but you two other guys in the IE and Los Angeles are in luck, I happen to have some late model 280Z tanks I might let go, PM me if you need one. They are baffled more than a 240 tank, and the pickup is a decent size (7/16" Hose 11 mm) compared to the 240 tank (5/16"-8mm). Return is same situation, 240 tank has a dinky 3/16" line (4mm), while the 280 tank has a 1/4" (6mm) line.