HybridZ

eliminating quarter windows..help please

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I want to weld over my quarter windows and have not yet figured out the best way to go about it. Has anyone here done something similar. I know that anyone with a Ferrari Bodied Z in the coupe version knows. Please help

My bet is that the GTO kits fill the windows with fiberglass. Welding them up should be no big deal though. Remove the windows and weld in some 20 gauge steal sheet. You will have to fab an edge for the weather striping to mount to, but again no biggie. The work comes in smoothing it out. Sand, fill, sand fill. If you're doing that you may want to shave the drip rails too. Terry O/Blueoval has some pics and advice on that on his page.

Guest Anonymous

yeah...I am a litle worried about that but most of the race seats I have testfitted make the blind spot too. Not too worried about that part. I plan to cut the drip rails off too so I want to do both at the same time.

I was considering this exact thing too, but not sure if I want to do it or not. I knida like the look of that side window. I was also thinking about welding in a panel there and putting in a round portal type window (a la 57 T-Bird), but I think that might be a bit hokey!

Tim

Guest Anonymous

I don't think I could dig a porthole in the side, now some of the later shelby type scoops where the window was, or maybe even the vented mustang fastback I could probably wrap my head around that. :D

Regards,

Lone