HybridZ

Anyone know where to get replacement hard Brake lines?

I have found one person on ebay selling a whole kit, which would be great, but I dont have the $$ for all of them and there are just a few that I need.

I am hoping to be able to buy a select few hardlines pre-bent. I wouldn't mind making them but the tools and supplies are expensive and would rather have them professionally done until i have the space/time to overhaul them all.

Anyone know? My searches are coming up empty.

Thanks!

I have found one person on ebay selling a whole kit, which would be great, but I dont have the $$ for all of them and there are just a few that I need.

I am hoping to be able to buy a select few hardlines pre-bent. I wouldn't mind making them but the tools and supplies are expensive and would rather have them professionally done until i have the space/time to overhaul them all.

Anyone know? My searches are coming up empty.

Thanks!

I think Black Dragon Automotive sells the lengths with flares but i think you have to bend them yourself

Edited by Steveoen

You can borrow a double flare tool from Autozone and Oreilly's. Tubing cutters are cheap and you can bend line by hand without any real problems. Doing it yourself can be cheap. Unless you are doing the long runs from front to back the tubing is pretty cheap as well. I've got to say it isn't very fun to do.

Thanks guys. It is difficult to get results for this by a straight up search because everyone has the SS braided brake lines coming up instead.

It didn't even occur to me that you might be able to get flared and fitted lengths from Black Dragon or an auto parts store.

Its the Bending that makes them unique.

Great info.

Much appreciated!

Put a long spring like the ones old storm doors for houses used to have before hydrulic closers over the tube before flaring to bend the tube. If you keep the spring tight it will allow you to bend the tubing without kinking it. then when you are done bending , slide the spring off and flare the ends. It's an old garage trick from the 50's.

Who says you can't teach a young dog old tricks! :)

Edited by zxtoy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cbudvet

Beware of New Old Stock Motorsports!!!! I recently purchased the stainless steel brake line kit for my 240z on ebay and I have nothing to show for it. On 5/09/2010 I paid immediately for the auction and have heard nothing from them. I have emailed them at least a dozen times and they have never replied. I have finally filed a claim with paypal and hopefully will get my money back. I don't understand how hard it is for them to send a reply. I really wish I could work it out with them but it doesn't look like it. If you have the money, Classic Tube is an option. They have both stainless and original tubing for brake lines, fuel lines and clutch. The only problem is the expense. Thats why I tried ebay.

carl