HybridZ

Which emblem should cover this unsightly hole?

Which emblem should cover this unsightly hole?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which emblem should cover this unsightly hole?

• datsun hood emblem
    • z hood emblem
    • nissan emblem
    • crystal nissan emblem
    • nismo decal
    • nismo plaque

Basically I filled the choke light hole or whatever it is, and the screw holes in my center console with jbweld. I think I actually did a pretty good job all things considered. Nevertheless...

post-3335-12757031975017_thumb.jpg

I'm sure it's been done before, what better way to "spruce up" the interior with a little flair? If it's not in the poll but you have a good idea, please add it to the running!

1. Datsun hood emblem

post-3335-12757032856754_thumb.jpg

2. Z hood emblem

post-3335-12757033120856_thumb.jpg

3. nissan emblem

post-3335-12757033352835_thumb.jpg

4. Crystal nissan emblem

post-3335-12757034404115_thumb.jpg

5. nismo decal

post-3335-12757033782459_thumb.jpg

6. nismo plaque

post-3335-12757034115512_thumb.jpg

P.S. If you voted for 4, you've failed.

Might just be me but it might look to cluttered their if you put anything since the ash tray is right there and the shifter right next to it. You would have to choose something that took up the whole space for it to look good IMO. But given the choices I would choose the Nismo Plaque.

Edited by 19752802+2

Yeah it would look better just smooth, but since that isn't really an option, with the lights and switches it would have been pretty cluttered anyhow. I like the plaque because it's squared off like it's supposed to go there.

Call me crazy, but I'm getting my old center console ready (slowly) to pull a mold off of so I can make one out of cf that doesn't have any of the clutter.

The center console that came with a 280z I got in January '09 had an emblem in that spot from the quarter panel vent thing in the later s30s. Not the one that says 240z, but the one with the Z in the middle. It looked pretty nice until whatever glue held it on came off and revealed a huge hole where the badge was. I don't have any pics, so just try to imagine it. ;) It looked like it was supposed to be there and it matched the interior.

lol I would say do the nissan plaque...

PS , when its anonymous, you'll find that some hybridz are

a: ricers :P

b: sarcastic fools who love to mess with you.

do the bedazzled option, duh.

You're finding this out now? :P

How about a red circular "z" emblem like what was used on the JDM z32's?

I'm not familiar with that one.

The plaque was my first choice because it might look more like it goes there, due to it's shape, so I'm glad it won. I just got one and installed it as well. There's one hole it isn't big enough to cover but whatever, it draws enough attention away. Now, what to do about the choke lever slot...

post-3335-1276728345938_thumb.jpg

Well I for one plan to use that area to mount the switches for my power window kit. Good place for other useful switches.

That's what I did!

I was going to post a picture, but for some reason, I can't access them right now...

Nigel

'73 240ZT

I say fashion some sort of flip up swiss army knife...eh, maybe that's too much. Wait, this is Hybridz. Or maybe put a bottom on it and use it for business cards. Ok I'm sorry it's a long, slow day at work.

Sounds like the perfect disguisable weapon :D

knife1.JPG

I think missle switches that control leds are more hybridz's style. JK JK! But seriously, like led switches that light themselves. :P

P.S. nice avatar

post-3335-12767386225203_thumb.gif