HybridZ

Added a lift...

Mikelly

Over the past two weeks I bought a lift from a long time friend of mine... It's a four post lift made by Eaqle, and it's pretty nice, especially for the price... $1500 It is 2 years old, and it has casters, along with ramps, and a bridge jack and drip pans.

815e5761.jpg

09bc90cd.jpg

25e989ff.jpg

For now I'll leave it in the same bay as the twin post lift while we sort out what we're doing next with the shop...

Mike

Mike the lift looks really good. I like the way your garage ceiling slants and gives you ample room to lift a car way up there. Will it still do taller vehicles like SUVs and give you the same room underneath too? If I recall correctly, this was custom made shop you built out back of your place, right? Looks great inside; makes me want to paint my floor and get my sheetrock painted.

Davy

FWIW, our clubmember in Santa Monica has a four poster, and with the 260Z he has, when on the lift fully up (meaning I can walk under it so underneath the beams is likely 6' 3" or slightly more) says the roof is 11' 6" high (bone stock suspension and wheels.)

I figure with my containers being 9'6" tall that gives me enough clearance next to the container with a four poster if I have a 2:1 roof pitch. In the center of the span, the dually should go up just fine.

But for now, leveling and sub-base...then concrete. Last container goes in and the roof will get ordered. The fourposter will happen in there sooner or later...

Davy, This is the new place I bought back in 2006 and moved into. We sold the old shop I built, along with the other house in 4 years ago this month. This new shop had to be modified internally to accept the twin post lift. I've had SUVs (Dodge Durango and Jeep Liberty) all the way up without issues. My Dodge 3500 series is rated above the 9K# capacity of the twin post, but I'd have no worries lifting a regular half ton truck.

I have $2400 total invested in both these lifts... Shops going out of business are perfect times to take advantage of great deals... $800 for rotary lifts? Amazing...

Mike

Yup anyone in the Chippewa valley should stop down to ford and get one whilst there still there. These are at the old Chippewa ford dealership on business 53 in lake hallie.

I would also think the Saturn dealership on 93 in eau claire is going to be dumping there stuff soon as well. Been closed for well over a year now.

Edited by yetterben

Yup anyone in the Chippewa valley should stop down to ford and get one whilst there still there. These are at the old Chippewa ford dealership on business 53 in lake hallie.

I would also think the Saturn dealership on 93 in eau claire is going to be dumping there stuff soon as well. Been closed for well over a year now.

Scavenger. Vulture. Exploiter!

Companion in arms... exploiting the misfortune of others to one's own selfish gain!...

You sure you're not part Dutch? :lol:

75% German 25% austrian...all ass*Hole

My hero.....lol outside of people who love sheep.

6740.jpg

“We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.â€

Edited by yetterben

Thanks! Hopefully the Z will have a real "coming out" here in the next four weeks...

Mike

Awesome, are you going to post some updated photos on HybridZ after it comes out or are you going to throw another BBQ or something?

Probably both, but it'll have to be in July... August is going to be busy and September/ October we'll be at the track for 8 days over three weekends back to back.

Mike

Awesome, are you going to post some updated photos on HybridZ after it comes out or are you going to throw another BBQ or something?