HybridZ

MSA upgrade harness Q

The Z is not comfortable/safe to drive at night. Need more light. I am thinking about buying the MSA wire upgrade harness for my 71.

parking light

headlight

alternator

anybody with experience buyin/installing/using any of these? I dont have any electical accessories except stock lights which I will upgrade also. Its about $500 for all of them together and I hope it will be worth it. Thanks in advance

All those harnesses are supplied to MSA by a member of classiczcars.com named Zs-ondabrain (Dave). He make some real quality products for Z car such as headlight harnesses and LED Tail light conversions.

The link below should give you a little more incite into the headlight harness.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20016

It takes all of maybe 5 minutes to install it. I can't imagine any easier installation. It plugs into the factory harness in three places (light place for each bucket and the body harness going to the right headlight), and provides a plug for the no-longer used factory body harness to the left bucket. Attach the power lug to either the alternator B+ stud, use a sheetmetal screw to ground the relays and mount them in one fell swoop.

Come to think of it, it was more like 3 minutes...

It goes on my list of 'must do when buying a new 240Z to drive' right up there with 'replace lights to 55/100 H4 Beams and new water pump'... :D