HybridZ

Another McKinney mount question....

jakeoster

I have a transmission mount for a 1975 280z for an RB25 transmission which is currently in my wrecked 280z. I recently purchased a 1972 240z with the insurance money I received for being rear ended and was wondering if I could somehow modify it to work in the 240z so I don't have to buy a brand new one. Or if someone can post a picture of a 72' 240z mount then what would be awesome too. Thanks.

I am assuming that the engine mounts should be the same regardless if it is a 72' or 75'.

Edited by jakeoster

My 72' has got those ears for mounting the transmission similar to the 75' that I need to cut off to fit the RB25 transmission. But the McKinney trans mount straddles the transmission tunnel and you bolt it through the floor of the Z if i remember correctly. Im not sure if that area is the same on the 240z and will allow the mount to seat correctly. Thats what I am concerned about. Thanks.

Heres a picture of my mount on the 280z for reference.

DSCN2227.jpg

Edited by jakeoster

The 75 has a wider tunnel than the 72. There is a bump out on the driver side tunnel. The factory trans mount on the 72 has vert bolt holes while the 75 has the larger horizontal bolt mounts. The 75 Mckinney x member may be too wide for the 72.

If you end up having to fab or buy a new x member, let me know. I'm needing one like your 75.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

240Z's have two different tranny mounts... On the earlier 240Z's (Series 1) the tranny bolts way higher into the transmission tunnel than the later 240Z's (that were Series 2)... Until Nissan changed their design with the transmissions... I've went over this already somewhere...

I don't really know how a 69-73 mount would work in all chassis... either that or my S1 240Z was screwed up

240Z's have two different tranny mounts... On the earlier 240Z's (Series 1) the tranny bolts way higher into the transmission tunnel than the later 240Z's (that were Series 2)... Until Nissan changed their design with the transmissions... I've went over this already somewhere...

I don't really know how a 69-73 mount would work in all chassis... either that or my S1 240Z was screwed up

Not sure. Either that or they told me the wrong direction for the motor mounts? haha