HybridZ

Looking at buying this ACT clutch kit

B00STDZ

Well as some of you may know my clutch is slipping.

The clutch I am looking at is the ACT Xtreme Clutch kit rated at 490 wheel torque with a street performance full clutch disc.

I plan on daily driving this car but want this clutch to hold some power.

IS the clutch pedal all that stiff with the "xtreme" pressure plate?

they say the clamp force increase is 74% over stock.

Edited by B00STDZ

I had a centerforce dual friction that i got for like a dollar lol. Started slipping and I was a little broke at the time. I bought an ACT 4puck solid center disk and am using it with the centerforce pressure plate. Thing holds like crazy!!! Solid disk is pretty rough but you notice the differance in shifting with the lighter disk. I recommend them and will use them next time around.

Different vehicle but same clutch company. I had an ACT 6puck on my modified 91' Eagle Talon awd turbo and it was a bit much for stop and go traffic, but held power very nice. I changed to a street disc and life was better. I will use them again on my l28et project when the time comes.

Well my tuner recommended me to "get a street performance full face clutch disc with a high sprung pressure plate" for a daily driver, Hence me looking at the xtreme pressure plate with the street performance clutch disc. But I wonder how much 74% is over the stock feel...

Edited by B00STDZ

i have a act 240mm full face clutch and i like it,stiffer than stock but not by much.car can be driven in downtown san francisco no problem.just got vipec efi going and am heading down to los angeles for dyno tuning.should have good knowledge of holding power soon.

its an extreme full disc.not a puck type.its been in the cars for 3 years or so but car has been parked for r&d on efi system .gave up on the science experiment and bought vipec v44 efi.i am not a drag racer.car is used for daily driver+ road race track time