HybridZ

Freddy intake help

motoman

I have a freddy intake for my rb25det however the part for the coolant comes off shown in the picture.2010-07-05131054.jpgIs there anyway i can get that to stay where it needs to be? I know i cant weld it because the IM is cast.

Edited by motoman

rather than start a new thread I thought Id just add on to this one. I am piecing together my rb swap and am curious. Whats the deal with all these knockoff Greddy intakes? Are any of them consistent or good? I was looking at this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380248322210&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Is it worth it to just save and buy the Greddy or are these knockoffs decent? I guess the return policy and feedback policy at the bottom of the page just give me a weird vibe. Maybe Im crazy.

I have your solution. Mine did the same thing. Permatex makes a special type of bonding agent for this situation. Here is a link to my thread that explains it better. I tested mine a day or so after I did it. I grabbed it and tried to twist about as hard as I could and it did not move. You will need a torch to heat it up to get it off later.

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/rb-parts-f-s/130859-ebay-rb25det-intake-manifold-causing-problems-coolant-pipe-doesnt-fit.html

rather than start a new thread I thought Id just add on to this one. I am piecing together my rb swap and am curious. Whats the deal with all these knockoff Greddy intakes? Are any of them consistent or good? I was looking at this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380248322210&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Is it worth it to just save and buy the Greddy or are these knockoffs decent? I guess the return policy and feedback policy at the bottom of the page just give me a weird vibe. Maybe Im crazy.

My personal experience and observation of others is that they do not sell cast manifolds. Only polished. If you order cast, they will send you polished. If you complain, they will say "our mistake" and offer a refund. That is, if you bother to ship it back and lose money on it. My theory is that they cannot cast a part well enough to leave it 'as cast' so they polish them to remove most of the blemishes.

If you buy one, there will be a few flaws, but typically nothing your average HZ'er cannot handle.

5thgenluder: To be honest i would say the the one i got is a very good casting. There is minor flaws in it and its not polished like Wizardblack is saying.

WizardBlack: What is the name of the stuff you were talking about i'm not on the 240 fourms.

Edited by motoman

• 3 months later...