HybridZ

Need help with another character's car please-

vega

i dont really see him driving a truck of any kind but i got to tell you that truck is pretty cool-

maybe a 2 door dime in faded and bruised robins egg blue, lowered with glod meshies (that are never washed or polished) and a bluebird grill.

with a mildly moded KA24e

but all original on the body still and a little beat on

kinda like phils B)

allwashed.jpg

bluebird grill

IMG_6660%20copy.jpg

a gem only to those who know what there looking for and just a used old car to everyone else.

not a crazy HP monster but still pretty quick and can hold its own against any other car on the street.

a trusty daily driver thats taken the bumps nicks and dings of its daily service but is mechanically in perfect shape because the owner spends more of his nights alone in the garage keeping his loyal and always trusty ride in good health than being out on the town.

Edited by skib

hey there now, I am thoroughly enjoying this- this is increasingly helpful the more people post it makes me think if certain things and gets my creative juices going.

I am getting down to this idea in my head based off a lot of what you guys have said and other people I have talked to not via "internets".

I am trying to find a car 85 and newer that is basically a poor man's g35 coupe or mixed with a poor man's m3 e36 coupe, if such a thing exists. though not an old 80s fox body and not any kind of f body. I think a 240 is too hmong (no offense intended toward my hmong friends- you know who you are ;) ). A supra and a skyline are too big time I think. 3000gts break too often (t case and trans issues) wrxs' tend to go through transmissions also. a miata isn't practical enough. is300 sc 300 and sc400 are all way too expensive for what you get (15 second cars for 10 grand or more). Honda's are all fwd not really enough performance there (I drive one in real life so I can say that and it's an si)So I am at a loss... I feel like I am missing something in this generation, four door or not.

What the heck am I missing?!? arg-

Thanks again guys for the help!!!

Edited by vega

This guy does not drive a nicely painted car. While he works on cars and paints them, he's too lazy to really give a **** about his own stuff...besides, this guy sounds like a someone who tinkers....few friends and very smart. A person like this probably needs something to keep himself occupied and since he's in the automotive business he probably runs across good deals for parts and cars, someone who's never satisfied and therefore always "upgrading." My first thought was 1991 BMW 318is, maybe a few primer spots here and there (nice and tidy primer spots though because "One day I'll paint it, I'm just waiting to pick a color.") probably started life as a nice tidy driver but has come a bit unglued on the interior because he's always bringing parts home to restore or work on. Probably got a good deal on a used M20 at one point in time so he swapped out the four banger for the silky six. After a bit of time with that a customer of his wrecked an E36 M3 and asked him if he wanted to butyit since he's always been the mechanic on it. With that new acquisition he probably swaps the S52 into the E30 while he rebuilds the M3 but never quite gets around to finishing it at therefore always thinks about selling it.

whatever it is it should be something that takes modifications very well but is also somewhat nondescript.

What's kind of person is more blunt than a German.

that was a very good idea- in fact I think that is where I may go with that- very creative thought behind that - actually I am going to go ahead and say that you sound like you understand my description of the character a bit better than others I have talked with thus far thanx much for that- ;) sparky

I know a dude with a v8 race prepared chevy luv, badass.

Is it just me or does that guy sound like someone who would drive an 80's audi quattro?

since you mentioned the poormans G35, I think you and your character will find this car to be an amusing sleeper/poormans g35.

one1.jpg

a 90's infiniti m30 ?

Edited by Two80z4me

[mbmoment]

190E 16V 2.3 Cosworth w/efi over CIS. Anyone who doesn't think it wont hang with a 2.3 E30M3 has never driven one. Provided the CIS is gone.

14ctjif.jpg

Also can he had for a third the price of an E30M3

[/mbmoment]

Edited by MAG58

1987 BMW M3 8.1 16.1

1988 BMW M3 7.1 15.4

1995 BMW M3 6.2 14.6

1995 BMW M3 Lightweight 5.3 13.9

1996 BMW M3 Automatic 6.7 15.3

1996 BMW M3 Luxury 6.6 14.9

1998 BMW M3 Sedan 5.5 14.0

vs

1984 Mercedes-Benz 190E 11.2 18.1

1986 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 9.9 17.5

1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16 7.8 16.2

1989 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.6 8.7 16.8

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 11.4 18.4

even the older m3 is quicker

Provided the CIS is gone.

I've seen the 2.3 8v handily spank a CIS 2.6 just with a movement from CIS - EFI.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. and it's not my place.

Edited by MAG58

a lot of 911's run cis from my understanding so I can't see it as that much of an improvement maybe like what 15 20 hp?

regardless- so is the 318is and m30(that is basically a 300zx but slower) the only idea anyone may have on the poor man's g35/m3?