HybridZ

Are we ever going to have a Nissan V8 section???

This section continues to mostly have threads regarding Nissan V8 swaps and considering this forum is Nissan based it only makes since to me that we now start a Nissan V8 section. Especially with the increasing popularity of Nissans V8s...

At the very least start a pole and see what the community thinks...

Edited by RedBeauty84ZX

I looked into the VH45/VK56 for stock power numbers a few weeks ago [trying to stay out of XP] but there really isn't an advantage for that over other popular options.

Let's even leave out the fantastic $$/HP ratio of the LSX, etc.

The VQ35 [Nissan 350Z (287 to 300 hp)]

makes more power than a

VH45 [Q45, 278 hp (207 kW), 294 lb·ft (399 N·m)]

and only slightly less than a

VK56 [FX45, 315 hp (235 kW) and 446 N·m (329 ft·lbf)]

So... think about aftermarket support. Are companies going to make parts for a 350Z or a Infinity truck? The aftermarket is severely lacking. Also, 350Zs donor cars give you much better tranny options, and there is a vendor on here that makes a S30 mount for a VQ35 swap.

I think I'm going to go with a VG30ET if/when I ditch the L28.

Edited by FlatBlack

This has to be the annual "I feel we're just as important as the other motors and should get our own little section to rule ourselves" thread.

Here's the problem: Count the number of cars on here with Nissan V8's of ANY flavor... I will promise you that JUST the amount of RB25's, JZ's, or 302 Fords will eclipse that (with SBC's doing so exponentially). There isn't enough of a population to warrant the VH/VK/Vwhateverelsenissancooksup to be separated from all the other lonely, odd V8's prowling the streets.

I'm not going to go on. I can only assume this exact topic in a thread title of something very similar is again going to come up sometime next year. <_< The logic must be rationed.

• Administrators

This has to be the annual "I feel we're just as important as the other motors and should get our own little section to rule ourselves" thread.

Here's the problem: Count the number of cars on here with Nissan V8's of ANY flavor... I will promise you that JUST the amount of RB25's, JZ's, or 302 Fords will eclipse that (with SBC's doing so exponentially). There isn't enough of a population to warrant the VH/VK/Vwhateverelsenissancooksup to be separated from all the other lonely, odd V8's prowling the streets.

I'm not going to go on. I can only assume this exact topic in a thread title of something very similar is again going to come up sometime next year. <_< The logic must be rationed.

Bawb Dawg hit the nail on the head. :2thumbs:

I feel for you though. Back when we had just a handful of members, SuperDan gave Scottie-GNZ and my self, 4.3 Vortec, a V6 area to play in. Of course, Scottie went on to notorious V6 turbo fame. Ahhh, The good ol' days...

Edited by John Scott