HybridZ

Do I need a new BMC?

I swapped in a junkyard 15/16th BMC a monthish ago, and have completely bled the BMC a few times now and the sound still persists.

Let me preface by saying that I have yet to find a leak, the rod (cant remember what it is called) has been adjusted correctly to ensure proper clearance, and the disc (again forgot the name) in the brake booster was in good condition and placement when I switched over to the 15/16th.

The car does slow down when i push the pedal, however the pedal feel is not linear. It is normalish at the first 3/4th of travel and the last quarter is gets stiff. I can lock up the brakes, but only after i get into the stiff part of the pedal travel.

For the brake mods: I have removed the stock proportioning valve and brake switch and replaced them with a wilwood proportioning valve and a union-t. The front calipers are stock, the rears are the 240sx disc conversion; the lines running to those calipers are SS.

Do i need to get a new one, or is this sound normal?

• 3 months later...

nope, car has been on jack-stands for a couple months now and it never really went away. the only way I can see getting rid of this is by either getting a new one or rebuilding the current one. Still though, I don't know if it would solve the problem.

Thanks for reminding me, it will be significantly easier to remove and fix it with the engine out.