HybridZ

225 50/15 too much for a stock 280z?

I am seeking advice if I should buy these rims/tires for my 1" dropped 76 280z (Eibachs/HPs combo). The price is right, the tires are almost brand new. The seller mentioned that these rims used to be mounted on his brother's 2" dropped 1982 280zx turbo. 1" off-set. The tire size is 225 50/15. I'd like _not_ to roll the fenders. I have a MSA type2 in the front, but my biggest concern is the rears. The car is in the paint shop.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Denis

'76 280z - under construction

post-4025-061774700 1278828574_thumb.jpg

I am seeking advice if I should buy these rims/tires for my 1" dropped 76 280z (Eibachs/HPs combo). The price is right, the tires are almost brand new. The seller mentioned that these rims used to be mounted on his brother's 2" dropped 1982 280zx turbo. 1" off-set. The tire size is 225 50/15. I'd like _not_ to roll the fenders. I have a MSA type2 in the front, but my biggest concern is the rears. The car is in the paint shop.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Denis

'76 280z - under construction

If the rims are zero offset and 7" wide they will fit under the fenders with 225/50-15s.