HybridZ

PCA at Monticello, NY (pics n vids)

cygnusx1

<p>

Here is a video from in Clive's car.  The session ends with a spin.  I will let Clive explain it.  From watching the video, it looks like too much rear brake bias that reared it's ugly head.

</p><p><br></p><p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/Comprezzed">http://www.youtube.com/user/Comprezzed</a></p>

Edited by cygnusx1

Thanks for the vids and pics.

The spin was caused by two issues. One I suck and can't heel n toe and two I had brake issues. Ok, so after my first session I saw that I had a few stress cracks in the front rotors. By the middle of the second session I was getting a very bad pulse from the rotors that I could feel in the pedal and steering wheel. For the next 15 mins or so, I lifted early into every corner and down shifted to make each turn. The corner where I spun, I was coming in to hot and let the clutch out to quickly...end result...a spin. Not being able to heel n toe is really killing me and something I would really like to learn soon. I really think it is a hold back on me being a better driver.

As for the PCA group, I would say the most laid back track day I have ever had! Great group of guys and to be honest I was suprised that they all liked my car. :rolleyes: I loved their cars so I guess it was a Mike Kelly situation going on there...... :D:D:D:D

Plans for the car.....fuel cell and figure out why I still have diff issues.

Sitting in your car at idle.  Put your toes on the  right corner of the brake pedal and hold it down medium hard.  Then rock your ankle and heel down on the accelerator until the motor revs up.  Sit there doing that over and over until it feels natural.  Then go do it while the car is rolling in a straight line with just enough brake force to slow you down slightly.  As the car coasts down, keep revving it with your heel.  It's not hard. 

Here are some of my favorite photos that I "developed" from the RAW digital images.

934208610_hXCuu-XL.jpg

934210084_cEcJY-XL.jpg

934208135_7LHoN-XL.jpg

934211449_yjqUB-XL.jpg

Edited by cygnusx1

Just back from two days with Pete Paraska as my student with trackdaze.com at Summit Point... Clive, I'm glad you ran with PCA. Most of the groups are fun to run with. A few aren't...

Glad you had a good time man!

Mike Kelly