HybridZ

RB25 GT30 or GT35 W/ internal Wastegate

jakeoster

Alright, sounds good. I'll probaly pick up one of those eBay dump pipes with the wastegate separater pipe and hack the flange off that then reweld it on. Thanks for all the help.

Most likely the turbo you're going to buy is going to have a bolt on internal wastegate... just keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing Skylines Australia the other day and came across the HKS GT-RS kit. It includes all the stuff needed to put it on and what not. Ive never swapped a turbo before or even took one off for that matter so I was thinking this might be a good bolt on for me seeing as I wont have to chase around a lot of little parts.

Says its rated at 400hp at ~12psi and isnt too over the top expensive. What do you guys think?

Click Here

I was browsing Skylines Australia the other day and came across the HKS GT-RS kit. It includes all the stuff needed to put it on and what not. Ive never swapped a turbo before or even took one off for that matter so I was thinking this might be a good bolt on for me seeing as I wont have to chase around a lot of little parts.

Says its rated at 400hp at ~12psi and isnt too over the top expensive. What do you guys think?

Click Here

It's a nice kit for bolt-on... they make decent power and I know a few guys who use em... but you just wanna check your cost issues etc.. and your goals

Unfortunatly something came up and I decided to make the responsible decision to pay it off in full so I have less money then I had. I don't want to have a garage queen so I picked up a used stock turbo that's in good shape for $300 and am going to go with that for now so I can drive her sooner rather than later. However, I purchased a Power Fc with the money I had left over from buying a stock replacement turbo. I will be going with a GT3076r with an .82 a/r housing in the not so distant future. I appreciate the guidance thus far.

Unfortunatly something came up and I decided to make the responsible decision to pay it off in full so I have less money then I had. I don't want to have a garage queen so I picked up a used stock turbo that's in good shape for $300 and am going to go with that for now so I can drive her sooner rather than later. However, I purchased a Power Fc with the money I had left over from buying a stock replacement turbo. I will be going with a GT3076r with an .82 a/r housing in the not so distant future. I appreciate the guidance thus far.

Don't ever ever go in debt for a car/hobby (even wife/girlfriend/[boyfriend if that's what you're into])... you want your heard earned money to work for you... not work for the rest of your life paying off debt.

That's just my $0.02... if you can't afford to play with the big dogs, beat the puppies

Yeah I learned that long ago, it's not a good idea to live above ones means. I could go with an upgraded turbo but it would mean waiting around to save up some cash and I know too many people that get into that "while I'm at it" syndrome and take a looooong time to do anything. I'm pretty stoked about how it's gonna be as of now because I'll get to tune it AND will have some money left in my pocket :) later on down the line I'll upgrade the turbo as I work and go to school and don't have a whole not of expenses at this point in my life.

Lol I am into females by the way xD

• 1 month later...

Id run a 3076r, we put one on my buddies RB S14 and it worked great with the rb25. Great response and the ability to support power down the line, it did a hair over 400whp at 17psi.

plus two on that, I Have the 3076R waiting o be installed.