HybridZ

Need pinion angles...

dizzle

I have been working on getting my pinion angle right for 6 months in my 73 S30 w/ an rb25det. I am looking for the angles that are on the factory engine set up in an s30. I need the downward angle of the engine, the driveshaft angle, and the upward angle of the the differential.

I am finishing my R/T mount tomorrow and really want to get the drivetrain solid in this thing, Finally!!!!

Thanks

I have a magnetic digital angle finder and right now I am at;

Trans down in rear= 3 deg

driveshaft down in rear= 2.2 deg

diff up in front= 3.7 deg

I have done plenty of searching, my op angles are .7 and 1.5. According to what I have read on a 20" driveshaft my operating angles need to be 4 deg or less and within 1 deg of one another. I am still having vibration problems.

Vibration comes on at about 50 mph and then fades at 70-75 mph. This is why I am wondering what the angles of the engine, trans, and diff for a stock Z. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a magnetic digital angle finder and right now I am at;

Trans down in rear= 3 deg

driveshaft down in rear= 2.2 deg

diff up in front= 3.7 deg

I have done plenty of searching, my op angles are .7 and 1.5. According to what I have read on a 20" driveshaft my operating angles need to be 4 deg or less and within 1 deg of one another. I am still having vibration problems.

Vibration comes on at about 50 mph and then fades at 70-75 mph. This is why I am wondering what the angles of the engine, trans, and diff for a stock Z. Any help would be appreciated.

Lower the front of the diff until its 3 deg up. Also, make sure the diff and trans are parallel in the horizontal plane.

• 3 years later...

Well I'm not going to start a new thread since this issue has been discussed many times already. What I was looking for was stock pinion angles of operation for the s-30. I'm looking for exact numbers from your stock machine which includes down angle of trans, angle of DS, angle of pinion.

My case of vibration is at 75mph approx. I WAS running the RT mount with GM insulator, but I have gone back to stock diff mount and using thr Rt to sandwich things-so-i should be in stock location at that end.

The other end is my BWT-5 which has a mount bracket modified to fit my s-30. I think my trans is hanging to low, but would like to hear what operating angle is on a stock Nissan trans in the right chassis to compare with mine.

I have been reading site after site on pinion angles and realized that my earlier calculations were not right. I am revisiting this issue, but knowing what Nissan did with the short DS operating angles would help clue me in.  Obviously by all the threads I have been reviewing there has been numerous issues with getting this right---probably because of our very short shaft.