HybridZ

Tow rig... Class A or Class C?

MONGO510

Hey Guy's, I am lookin at buying a used Motorhome/Tow rig and would like some opinions on pro's and con's of the two different types of rig.(Class A, Class C)

Any and all info and ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Mongo

Edited by MONGO510

Hey Guy's, I am lookin at buying a used Motorhome/Tow rig and would like some opinions on pro's and con's of the two different types of rig.(Class A, Class C)

Any and all info and ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Mongo

Class A is generally a heavier duty chassis and will get marginally better gas mileage then a class C. Class Cs are generally cheaper and give more sleeping space.

Business partner bought a "well cared for" Class C that has required a LOT more maintenance than he expected... UV protectant application for the seals wasn't done properly so the RV had to be re-sealed on the roof, and then he's had other repairs to the generator, the AC, the Converter, and lots of silly small stuff... It's an 05, too. If you can swing it, go diesel...

Mike

I have always been a fan of the slide in camper. I've owned two. The downside is the limited space. Even a big camper has less living space than a small motor home. But for someone that just needs the basics it has a lot of advantages: You can find used campers cheap. Smaller investment means less stress when the thing has problems, and all RV's will have problems. If you have room to store a motor home, you have room to store a camper and your race car. Campers don't need to be registered or insured (on the truck it's cover by the truck insurance, in the yard covered by your homeowners insurance). You don't need to get a smog check for a camper. When it's not in use you can still use your truck... as a truck. And everyone needs a truck anyways.

When I'm away from home all I need is a bed, kitchen, and a head. A slide in camper does that very efficiently without a lot fuss or cost.

Edited by Dan Juday

if you are going to tow with it try to keep the length between the rear axle and the hitch short-this keeps the trialer from whipping the rv.try to know how much you will use the rv -it might be cheaper to rent if you dont use it enough.when rv's sit -its what kills them.the hoses and seals dry out-then the first tip on a hot day and your broke down.more places will service a class c .class a are harder to work on .if you can get a pusher diesel with a 6 speed allison go for it.i used to work on motorhomes for at a ford dealership.not a fun job under a flat rate pay situation.do a complete trans service every 20k

I found a reasonably priced, low mileage, Class A. Every thing works, it looks pretty good, it has new rubber, and MaMa is happy!

Thanks for help fella's!!

Mongo

Edited by MONGO510