HybridZ

Anybody buy new body parts from this website ever? Very good

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I found a web site that sells new body panels for the Z cars, I need a fender and hood and was hoping somebody has bought from this site and could tell me if I would be happy with the parts or should I buy used....

Any advise would be wonderful!

Thanks

Terry in Michigan cheers.gifhttp://www.autobodypartsonline.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?catid=489&sid=77CBJv0HCMQWDvT-56101085419.e8

Guest Anonymous

If you do let me know. I did call and they were had to understand, Asian I belive, seemed honest and all, but its the quality that I need to know about, cant afford to spend $80 to ship it to me and $80 back if Im not happy.

Terry

If you find out anything email me at thesteenhagens@juno.com my wife checks it all the time.

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

I think if you find the place (as listed on thier "about us" page) you will find a boiler room operation. No parts, just order takers, computers, and telephones. I think they just provide the end user transactions for many mfg.'s, you will get "drop shipped".

It does not mean that they are scammers, just do not expect the best of "return services", if needed.

I could be wrong.

...These are the same guys that charged me $90 to ship a Civic fender to me that cost only $65! Beware, they do not quote the shipping cost on the website! I wanted a hood from them, but after the bill for the fender came in I decided I didn't need a straight hood that bad!

Mike eek2.gif

Guest Anonymous

When I contacted them he did tell me he did not know the cost of the shipping until I placed a order on the web site, I did that called him back he said 80$ I said cancel the order and he did.

So I beleive him honest, just not flezable. And yes I do also believe its a room with a couple people in it. He said it would take a couple weeks the parts were not in stock at his supplier.

Terry

bonk.gif

Guest bang847

Terry,

Hey I had a friend buy a hood from these guys. It turn out to be pretty good quality. but about your shipping cost that sounds outrageous... :eek: Anyways my friend walked in to make the purchase... I mean the prices are really rock bottom. from what i heard the quality is good too... (for a 1994 accord) well thats my $.02...

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE GUYS!

About a month ago I was asking on this site about getting a front fender for my Z, somebody posted thier link and suggested that I buy from them instead of Victoria British.

Here's the problem, it is almost one month later since I placed my order with them for my fender and they still haven't shipped it! This is according to thier very hard to understand customer service person. They told me that they didn't even have my fender yet and that it should get to them in a couple of days, then it would be shipped to me :mad:

I would go with Motorsports Auto and yes it does cost about $80.00 to ship the fenders. If I can cancel my order with these folks I may do that tomorrow and get my fender from MSA.

Just a side note, one day after I oredered my fender from them I ordered a heater core and all hoses from Victoria British. I got that order in 3 days!

Again avoid these guys like the plague!

Guest bang847
somebody posted thier link and suggested that I buy from them instead of Victoria British.

Georgia Flash.. I was the one who posted their website a few months back... I had no idea that they were that horrible... I'm sorry about that... ugg.gif

Oh so you were the dirty rotten son#$$$% LOL just kidding Bang, yep these guys are something else. Thier prices are good but I have to say that the service pretty much sucks. I wonder who they get the fenders from? If we could find out we could just eleminate the middle man and get them straight from thier supplier. Yeah that's the ticket.

Again no hard feelings Bang, you only tried to help me out and I appreciate that very much 2thumbs.gif

The quality of the fender was good, and the metal looked as good as factory, came shipped in black primer. However, it took 6 weeks for it to be delilvered and like a dumbass I didn't check the shipping... I just got the sticker shock when it arrived. When I saw that I just cancelled the order on the hood, which would have been close to $200 for shipping alone.

VB has good quality sheetmetal... I'd check with them as they ship within 24 hours. I can't recommend MSA for personal reasons.

Mike cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

Most of the remarks made here about the high shipping costs are indicative of my suspicions about the boiler room operation. The body parts are made overseas and all of the shipping costs are passed on to the end-user. This is normal, you would generally pay the shipping cost as a factor in a higher priced product. The prices are rock bottom, because they have very low overhead (no inventory costs)and no shipping or handling costs.

They also have no warranty risk, it all goes back to the source.

These guys probably scan the globe for the best pricing on parts, (like my wife watches for coupons in the Sunday paper) and put on a reasonable profit. This company is probably a sister company to many other new-age companies that do this sort of thing. I bet that the same guys that take the orders for auto parts are simultaneously taking orders for baby products, like throwaway diapers and pacifiers.

I have a computer, fax, and phone.......hmmm..I should get busy guys! Watch for my new web site! Coming Soon! I could be THE next Z parts source! If that fails, I bet I could sell something else I know almost nothing about. Well why not both? javascript:void(0)

pukejavascript:void(0)

Eek!

I wonder if these guys own Racesearch.com too, another 1 - 2 man operation. Took them over a month to get back to me. I ordered + express shipping, nothing came after two weeks, I cancelled, got my credit card billed, made a complaint, and two months after that final got it removed from my bill.

Racesearch has really good prices...but no stock. They're just another "shop" on the import tuning bandwagon.

Owen

Guest Anonymous

Hey Tim240Z or Bang847!

Perhaps either of you could check this place out! It would benefit alot of your friends who live in far away places (like Philadelphia, PA). I would certainly return the favor. I wish there would be a place like this within a 30 minute ride from my home.

Seems like California is the place I ought'a be! Shades of Jed Clampet!

Here is the address they have on their web site:

12812 South Spring Street,

Los Angeles CA 90061

I would be grateful to hear if they have a stock room!

Guest Anonymous

Mike Kelly:

I didn't see you at MSA but I saw the car that uses your suspension components. The question I have is where/what kind of fender flares were those on that car???

I saw a car with the style that I have and didn't like it very much.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys I think you are being kinda ruff on these

guys.

I called V/B and asked about a fender and was told the same $80 for shipping had to be shipped by truck. Same with a hatch I bought from a guy in texas.

Anyway I do believe they are getting the parts from a different county, thats why it takes six weeks. I have heard bad things on this site about V/B And MSA fenders.

Next guy to get one would be doing us all a favor and letting us know shipping price and quality from V/B or MSA.

He told me on the phone that shipping took a long time, he told me they were not in stock so I assume at least some of the time he gets them quickly. Probably depends on demand, I bet if it was a Camero Id have it in a week.

Terry

Terry,

I too have heard bad things about Vic Brit fenders but never Motorsports fenders. I have ordered a fender from Vic Bit and they tell me 10-14 days. The total cost on the fender including shipping is $229.00.

The cost on the autoparts fender was going to be around $172.00 without the shipping cost known! So add about $80 to that and you get $252.00! Now all of the sudden they dont seem so "rock bottom" on thier prices. Especially when you have to wait a month or more to get one.

I will let everyone know how well the Vic Brit fender fits when it arrives.