HybridZ

Bumper Camcorder

jgkurz

I've been wanting one of these cameras for a while but wanted to waiting until one came available with a wireless remote. This one has an RF remote and offers 1080p video. Not cheap but it sure would get some great video.

Drift HD170

Amazon has it for 329.00 shipped.

-John

Edited by jgkurz

Lot of money for a decent HD camera, Kodak for example have a couple for less than that with remotes available. I got the cheaper one for under $100 'factory refurbished' and have mounted it on the rear wing facing to the back. Yours is a cool looking camera but I find that its the cool 'motorsport' ones which are overpriced.

The GoPro Herocam (CLICK ME and not the Flash Ad on the bottom of the page...) was on sale at Costco for $169. The one everybody seems to be using, and for about $30 less. Not full HD, but really decent quality. For the length of recording it gives on a standard 8 or 16GB SD Chip, I can turn it on and off before and after runs. Editing is going to happen anyway.

Plus, it's cheap enough that if I shunt into the wall, on the side with the camera, I will pray just the chip survives....so I can YouTube it!

Now, in that case, I can see where wireless would guarantee the video survives. But I figure a breakaway mount will let the camera (or at least the chip) survive intact after the crash. Not that I plan on crashing. But capturing it is just bitchen if it does happen! :lol:

I like the GoPro but it doesn't have a remote. For me that is a big deal since it's be used mostly for automotive related video. The ContourHD is also a nice unit but it too lacks a remote. I might go in half with a friend on the Drift HD170 to make it a little easier on the wallet.

J

Edited by jgkurz

http://www.amazon.co...80775360&sr=8-1

its 154 dollars shipped for that one today, a big special i think, perhaps it doesnt come with the software etc

Good price but that's for the X170 not the HD170 which has 1080P capability. The standard resolution would probably be fine for most folks but I would like the higher quality video so it looks better on my big LCD.

J