HybridZ

Wheel rubbing, help! ***PICS***

Something might be tweaked in the lca maybe, that or QC on the wheels might have the offsets varying. Have you tried to switch wheels to see if it has any effect. I know with my set of konigs the offset varied.

I haven't tried swapping wheels, that could affect it. but either the chassis and suspension are straight or my measuring tape is wrong. If it rubs enough, the 2mm that hits will come off the tire and it will no longer rub. It's hardly worth rolling fenders, is my point.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have Centerline 16x8 +0, with Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 225/50R16. I had horrendous rubbing on the rears until I got the fenders rolled. I suspect they still do a bit, but as others mentioned, it's very difficult to prove. My only other recourse would be to tighten the suspension more, but it's already at 3 out of 5 (Tokico Illuminas). Alternately, I could go with small tires. Nah.;) Besides, the only other size for Star Specs in 16" are 205. I'm afraid that might not be enough for the LS1. 225 is already pushing it; traction is really only solid once you hit 3rd.