HybridZ

New 4x4 Calipers, plenty of fluid, but no pressure, what gives?

Hey guys. I got a Kragen gift card for my birthday last month and decided to spend it on some Toyota 4x4 calipers for my S30. I got the version to use with the stock (non-vented) rotors. Anyway, I installed them today along with some new braided stainless steel brakelines. Added new sync DOT 3 fluid and began the bleeding process. I had a friend pump the pedal while I used a length of tubing over the bleeder screw into a small jar with some brake fluid to keep the air out. After while switching side to side no more air bubbles. However I still don't have any piston movement on either caliper. None at all. The pistons haven't even moved enough to take up the space between the pistons, pads, and rotors. I am getting fluid to the bleeders as I had to refill the master cylinder a few times.

So now I am at a loss. I thought it might be the master cylinder, but it was replaced 9 months ago and was working fine yesterday with the stock calipers.

Ideas guys?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bleeders pointing up?

Are the bleeders suppose to be towards the top of the calipers when mounted or towards the bottom? Mine were not stamped with "L" or "R", and I assumed the bleeders were positioned on the calipers by the purpose in law of gravity, so that they would be bled from the lowest point...

In any case I'm having the same issue, my calipers or the rest of the braking system will not bleed!

• 3 weeks later...