HybridZ

Toyota Tercel Side Mirror Installed (finally)

pparaska

Pete those mirrors look great 2thumbs.gif I am still trying to decide what to use on my Z. I have some really nice ZX mirrors that I bought from a salvage yard but I may go with the bullet style mirrors that I have taken off of my 76 Camaro parts mobile. Again great looking set up you have there hail.gif

Thanks GF!

The main reason I went with this kind of mirror is to keep from mounting a mirror to the door panel. Even though the door is a bit reinforced in that area of stock mirror mounting, it always seems to be a place where rust starts or cracking of the steel occurs. I found out about these mirrors from Jim Biondo. But some of the late model Honda Civic mirrors look a bit better, to my eye.

Guest Anonymous

Ah, don't let em bag on you Pete, your hands did great for they're first Photoshoot... :D

Ps Nice mirrors too there, finger model... :D

(Way in the distance I can see a man modeling a finger for me... haha...) smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

Heh, manicure, shmanicure. I don't need no stinkin' manicure! twak.gif:D Yeah, 5 16 hour days of thrashing in the garage will tear the hell out of your hands and cuticles!

I'm not sure what year they're off of. But I believe it's mid 90s. Look for non-remote adjustable mirrors, like you'd see on a Tercel DX.

Thanks for the comps (and the razzin') guys!

Guest 26ounce

Excellent write-up Pete. I'll definitely be doing something similar on my Z.

Are those side mirrors you've used spring loaded? i.e. Can you push them back so they lie flat against the car?

v8dats, I do modeling, but in involves computer modeling mechanical systems, ballistic missiles, etc. :D

26ounce, No those mirrors aren't spring loaded - that would be a good feature to find one that was!

I'd imagine that there are quite a few sedan mirrors that could be put on the Z like this. The bracket is pretty simple to make and install, it would just be the interface to the mirror that would vary a bit.

Guest Frank280z

Pete, Looks great!!!! I was waiting patiently for the writeup. Thank you. Will a two door tercel mirrors fit? I have located one @ a local salvage yard.

Frank