HybridZ

Advice on Fan Shroud Options

240zip

I just ordered Item #:91042010 from these guy's>> FAN SHROUDS

I will be using it with this HD Spal 12" fan I just received yesterday via FEDEX >> My NEW FAN link

I searched for pre made fan shrouds, and found quite a few variations, but I have a very tight area to put a fan, and it has to be toward the top of the radiator, so I think these shrouds I linked above gives me something to work with.

The only part I may modify, is to cover all the cute air holes with rubber flaps, that will help the fan pull more air thru the radiator while sitting still... 91042010_F.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Fabbed this shroud for use with my JTR aluminum radiator and Spal 16" puller fan. When the vehicle is stopped and the fan is running, the rubber flap seals holes in the shroud and forces more air draw through the radiator. At speed, the flap opens up to allow increased airflow through the rad. Hope this helps.

post-4224-016359000 1285953453_thumb.jpg

I just ordered Item #:91042010 from these guy's>> FAN SHROUDS

I will be using it with this HD Spal 12" fan I just received yesterday via FEDEX >> My NEW FAN link

I searched for pre made fan shrouds, and found quite a few variations, but I have a very tight area to put a fan, and it has to be toward the top of the radiator, so I think these shrouds I linked above gives me something to work with.

The only part I may modify, is to cover all the cute air holes with rubber flaps, that will help the fan pull more air thru the radiator while sitting still... 91042010_F.jpg

I finished mine up last week with the parts I linked in above post. So far, so good....

post-181-067642200 1285955490_thumb.jpg

post-181-051376300 1285955501_thumb.jpg

post-181-063498400 1285955510_thumb.jpg