HybridZ

76 280Z Tranny Tunnel, JTR Unclear

I have a 1976 280Z. I am installing a LT1 with the 4L60E transmission. The JTR manual shows a pic of the transmission tunnel and the bracket that needs cut out, then states that later models are different. Well, mine is different. What I am asking is for anyone that has a 1976 or one that is similar, how much do I need to cut out. Sorry I do not have a picture right now to show what I mean, I will try to get one later tomorrow. But a quick description will hopefully work. In the book it shows the brackets on the Z more or less look like triangles on each side. Seems pretty clear what to cut out, all of that. On mine, the bracket has a piece that comes across and also a sort of bracket I believe that goes all away up and around the tunnel. Hopefully someone knows what I mean here. I believe I need to cut it all out but I would like some confirmation first. Thank you in advance for any help.

-Donovan

My Z is a 76 and I cut out the moiunts as shown in the pictures, I have a T56 and did not have to hammer anything, I did drill a 1" hole on the passenger side to clear the reverse light electrical connector, it rubbed and broke the top of the connector. So i replaced the connector drilled the hole and then covered it with a 1" rubber plug.post-1241-096575500 1283996965_thumb.jpg

post-1241-053453300 1283997042_thumb.jpg