HybridZ

Steel Fender Flairs

Z-Dreamer

Just received my Victoria British Z catalog in the mail and I noticed they sell BIG steel flairs for the street. 2-1/2" wide in the front and 3-1/2" wide in the back! I don't want to use fiberglass flairs because of the eventual cracking of the paint due to dissimlar materials expanding and contracting during temp changes. I think these would be a good choice for running WIDE wheels and tires. The catalog photo is in B/W, so it's not that clear. Anyone currently using these? or does anyone have any pics of these on a Z? Any idea how difficult these would be to install? I assume they must be welded on? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Mark 2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

They do, but its lame, its only really a internet ad for they're available in the mail catalogs. Ummm, Hey VB and Motorsports, umm, you guys do know you can have a online store right? :rolleyes:

Regards,

Lone

I've not seen that yet, maybe I have that catalog and need to look.

I'd consider using one of these new adhesive systems for installing patch panels. You'd have alot of surface area that would be holding those flares on, and I'd think a high strength adhesive, like used to put patch panels, 1/4 panels, etc. on these days would be fine. The great thing is you wouldn't have to worry about warping the sheet metal.

I have a pair of the fender flares... They look to be of good quality and I'm impressed with how they should blend in. I don't have them installed on the front fenders yet mind you. My rear flares are fiberglass, and although they look nice, they were hard to install. My initial recommendation is that these are worth the money based on durability alone. I've heard a lot of guys complain about cracked flares, and these won't crack... They'll bend, but no cracking...

Mike 2thumbs.gif

• 2 weeks later...