HybridZ

Sound deadening

Reverend

Ok, heres the deal. I did a little research about sound deadening. There is few great threads but usually they all focus on how to get max out of your stereos. I got a box full of Dynamat and all i need is to get rid of the road noise or at least reduce it. I do NOT plan to cover all interior with dynamat, just strategig locations to reduce the noise.

What might be the best places in 240z to put some sound deadening?

I did the whole floor, trans tunnel, riser, rear deck, wheel wells and quarter panels with a product like Dynamat and then covered that with 3/8" two sided aluminum insulating mat and finally carpet. Major reduction in heat and noise. See pics.

post-178-050416700 1284513804_thumb.jpg

post-178-016356000 1284513830_thumb.jpg

post-178-050543600 1284513875_thumb.jpg

post-178-050226500 1284513985_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

• 3 weeks later...

All dynamat is going to do is reduce the vibrations on the panels. If you really want to cut down on the road noise you're going to want to look into close cell foam and mass loaded vinyl. Sounddeadenershowdown.com has a great review of the major products and can direct you in the right direction for your goals. I really like the products from Second Skin, especially since their Luxury Liner pro is MLV with the closed cell foam already attached.

I used LineX for under coating and a great comapny named Quiet ride Solutions. When the car was running with the stock engine it was very quiet. Now we changed to LS1. Im sure there will be a bit more noise and vibrations.

LineX

Al's Liner, diy product

also take a look at fatmat. i think they are all very close product.

• 2 weeks later...