HybridZ

I Can't Stand Electric Steering!

Zzeal

Just got back from seven hours on the road in my '07 Honda Fit Sport. Around town the steering is fine with a nice quick ratio, but on the highway I feel like I'm piloting an appliance. There isn't any "on center" feel, it's just numb and I'm forever making little corrections all the way down the stupid road.

This is a budget ride, so I wonder if its electric steering is cheap too. Do other, more expensive cars have better electric steering? I certainly hope so, because we could be going in the wrong direction with this gas saving technology.

Steve

You dont mention the mileage on the car. The Fit is a small light car but I would still recommend a quick check of the tie rods .ball joints and front wheel bearings. Electronic steering assist functions mainly in turns, at lower speeds and is not usually operating when the car is going straight down the street or over a specific MPH. Check the FSM for details on how the system in your Honda is designed to function as they all vary slightly in how the manufacturor sets them up.