HybridZ

Air Condition system

Now that we have the A/C Condenser, it seems that we are missing a key part. Where do I find a evaporator. Its not under the dash. I just finished polishing the AIR CONDITIONER ACCUMULATOR DRIER. So what do we do now? My thought was to find a old Honda or Lexus and pull the small unit out of there and intergrate the control panal. I dont really care for the controls on the 240z heater panal. that part seems easy enough to fab.

Cable your a rockstar! thanks for the heads up. Have you looked in the the Honda or other japanses set up that we can get from junk yards? I like the control systems in and climate control. The aftermarket systems dont work that well. Ill let you know what i can find and what will fit. Its really too bad since the heater/fan unit in our car looks like its in perfect shape. We have brand new condenser, compressor and all the lines. I ran the lines and saw there was nothing to attach it too. I think ill be digging in junk yards the next few days until I find something that will work.

Although I have never dealt with this company, my experience with aftermarket A/C evaporators and whole kits has been very good.

These are complete kits, I am sure if you call them they'd sell you the evaporator alone.

240z: http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/datsun-240-1971-1974-indash-ac-system-402.php

280z: http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/datsun-260z-280z-1974-1978-indash-ac-system-403.php

Edited by Cable

I found a 2008 Honda accord someone is parting out. Ill got take a look at the system tomorrow. I would love to have that AC and heater unit in the car. It has nice climate controls. I would re-use the stock air vents. Something like that would freeze or heat the car in seconds.

• 2 weeks later...