HybridZ

Need some help with college (longgg rant)

josh817

Tony I agree, and I state that sheepskin society refers to them as such, because of the lack of a college or graduate degree, but such are often smarter and more motivated than the latter in reality.  Not at all meant as a pejorative.  Quite the opposite really.  I more often seek advice, from the experienced machinist, cutting the steel, than from the degreed design engineer, prior to completing a design.  It takes both views to complete the plan.  Really sad when so much credence is blindly placed on a piece of paper, and a person is put on a pedestal, fabricated solely of certified books that have been checked off and stacked.       

I am the first in a long generation of family to get a college degree, and I see the merits of one, but the last thing I would do is derogate a hard working man or woman.  You don't know me and I can't expect anyone to read my words and know exactly what I mean but you missed my message. 

Edited by cygnusx1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Really sad when so much credence is blindly placed on a piece of paper, and a person is put on a pedestal, fabricated solely of certified books that have been checked off and stacked."

You and I said the same thing...save that I basically stated "those uninitiated can't (or rather, shouldn't if you prefer) use the term..."

Edited by Tony D