HybridZ

Long Tube headers

Room under the car is a big issue as is avoiding contact with the steering linkage. I have a solution though and I would love to try this myself... Buddy of mine just bought a set of Sanderson Aluminum 1 3/4 inch Manifolds and has them on his 355 SBC, stuffed into a 55 chevy with power steering (which caused a similar steering box clearance problem). They are a work of art. 1/2inch flanges and you don't need to use two of the bolts. Best of all is that they go from 1 3/4 into a 3inch collector and are equal length....super nice! They are still tight enough in so clearances aren't an issue. If I ever have header issues, this is the route I will go!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I am running full length headers from Motorsports. Dont know who build them for Motorsport. They appeared to be dropped shipped with no mention of the manufacturer. They are 1 3/4 and fit well with the kit. The reason that I went with their swap kit was to get a set of 1 3/4 full length headers. They are nice.

www.motorsports.com I think

If you are enterested respond to this reply and I will find the phone #

Bubba Fett

------------------

He sent me to get the Jedi

• 4 years later...

I have long tubes from motorsport auto. They bolt nicely to the heads, no leaks, but i did have to dimple the drivers side to stop it from rubbing on the streering linkage. Also, i dont have the rest of the exhaust on but it looks like the collecter flange is too close to the floor pan and might need to be re-welded at a downward angle for the exhaust pipe to clear the floor. The reducers that came with the headers cannot be bolted on because they hit the floor pan. I'll try to get pics soon.

I am running full length headers from Motorsports. Dont know who build them for Motorsport. They appeared to be dropped shipped with no mention of the manufacturer. They are 1 3/4 and fit well with the kit. The reason that I went with their swap kit was to get a set of 1 3/4 full length headers. They are nice.

www.motorsports.com I think

If you are enterested respond to this reply and I will find the phone #

Bubba Fett

------------------

He sent me to get the Jedi

the long tube headers that motorsport sells are s&s headers, the same that mikelly refers to. i'm using s&S in my car, as well. for the jtr install, you will want to slot the stock motor mount locations such that you can slide the engine forward. this is beneficial for using an hei distributor, as well. i didnt have any issues with steering linkage.... my problem was that the collectors were too close to the firewall/tranny tunnel without the slotting. with my 3" duals, i ended up having to dimple the corner of the floor/tranny tunnel from underneath the car so that the exhaust would line up nicely. i was just too stubborn to pull the engine/tranny again at the time.